What else do I need to make my car Faster?

JoshJ

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a '97 Honda Civic Ex. I am trying to make my car faster for street racing all I have in it is:
4-2-1 DC Headers, DC DAC Air Intake with Extension, Fuel Pressure Regulator, 9mm Wires, NGK Spark Plugs, and an exhaust w/ 2.5 inch piping all the way to the cali converter

what else can I put so it can give me more hp or torque?

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B18C:what:

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea wrong forum, but 3 choices- turbo, swap, nitrous.

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dood u shudnt street race u cud get seriously hurt or even werse damage ur car!!:O

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
street racing > me

i love the trill and adrenaline rush of it.... but graveyard ownz me now.. so i wont be seeing too much of it anymore

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seanjohn, joshj is a cop trying to bait the street racers into exposing themselves........... :lol: :cool:

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well if he's a cop, he can blow me... if he's a street racing, stay away from da cops

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Rice4Brains
seanjohn, joshj is a cop trying to bait the street racers into exposing themselves........... :lol: :cool:
wtf!?!? i never wrote this...i wasnt even home at this time...ADMIN!!!

hint #1: i was out all night
hint #2: i would never refer to daniel and SEANJOHN

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i thought that was strange taht you put seanjohn1802, maybe you just came home hella drunk and posted drunk and dont remember... s**t i've done it

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Originally posted by Rice4Brains
wtf!?!? i never wrote this...i wasnt even home at this time...ADMIN!!!

hint #1: i was out all night
hint #2: i would never refer to daniel and SEANJOHN
you must have been drunk :lol: or someone else on your computer did it because I cant post for anyone since the passwords are encryted in the database :what:

JoshJ

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like to street race cause it gives me that adrenaline rush plus we street race in the middle of nowhere or in an abandoned airport...somewhere that there is not a lot of traffic...and hell no i am not a cop i hate f**king cops...

I STREET RACE CAUSE I CAN..

JoshJ

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I posted this in the wrong place cause i didn't see that it was in 7th generation and not 6th

VTECSOHC02

On The Raod To Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by handlebarsfsr
yea wrong forum, but 3 choices- turbo, swap, nitrous.
Or add a supercharger. Just had to throw that in there.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i purposely left out s/c's for a reason. first, there is no vortech kit, the only available kit for d series is the jackson racing. and by their own dyno sheets, you only get a 40 whp gain http://www.jacksonracing.com/pages/details/detailspage_h.html
click the dyno charts for the various d series cars if you dont believe me. while 40 whp is nothing to scoff at, a well done n/a package or a 50 shot of n2o is going to be faster, and probably cheaper. a turbo, for the same or similar money to the jrsc can belt out 200 + whp on good tuning on a d16z6, a gain of over 100 whp. ill take the turbo thanks.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Edlebrock has a pretty cool turbo kit out...thats if you want to stay with a D series. If I were you, I would hit up a B18B if you want to go turbo, or S/C. If you want to go all N/A I would get a B18C1, or a B18C5 (JDM). If you want B on a budget with a decent amount of power you can get a first gen B16A for about 1200. The B18B1 will run you anywhere from 1500-2200. B18C's will set you back a little more. If you want real power in a Civic you can't beat a B series. H series motors are pretty cool to...but do require a little more to install, and are heavier.