what else do i need

ryanM

alright, so ive finally decided to go with the koni yellow/gc setup. im just wondering if i need anything else to make this setup peform to its maximum abilities. like for example, top mounts, ball joints etc. will the gc coils mate right up with the yellows? on the product description it says "These kit will fit with stock, kyb, tokico struts/shocks, other struts/shocks applications are also available by special order" what does that mean? any help is appreciated.

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where are you buying it from? i bought mine on ebay from kumuromotoring or whatever its called. you have to send specific instructions to whoever that you want them for koni yellow. itll cost like 40 bucks more. but its worth it. i have the same setup and can't wait to put everything on. i also bought skunk2 front camber and SPC rear camber. you can also buy strut bars for stability and lca for bling?

ryanM

--<EM1>-- said:
where are you buying it from? i bought mine on ebay from kumuromotoring or whatever its called. you have to send specific instructions to whoever that you want them for koni yellow. itll cost like 40 bucks more. but its worth it. i have the same setup and can't wait to put everything on. i also bought skunk2 front camber and SPC rear camber. you can also buy strut bars for stability and lca for bling?
yea im buying them from the same ppl. is it really $40 more? that kinda sux, but oh well. yea, im already picking up some lca's and i have strut bars too.

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but considering your buying them for 249.99+25.00+5.00+40.00=319.00...thats the cheapest place ive found. sounds like youre set then tho. how much are you lowering? 2.25?

ryanM

--<EM1>-- said:
but considering your buying them for 249.99+25.00+5.00+40.00=319.00...thats the cheapest place ive found. sounds like youre set then tho. how much are you lowering? 2.25?
as much as i possibly can and still be able to get in my driveway, im hoping to tuck a little bit.

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im hoping to drop even with the tire. i live in michigan and roads here suck so i have to be so careful. but im not TOO worried. how do you tell how much youve dropped by adjusting the spring? without looking at it lowered than going back?

ryanM

--<EM1>-- said:
im hoping to drop even with the tire. i live in michigan and roads here suck so i have to be so careful. but im not TOO worried. how do you tell how much youve dropped by adjusting the spring? without looking at it lowered than going back?
lol, im not sure, ive never done it before :lol:

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
lol, im not sure, ive never done it before :lol:
haha reading+thinking > me. well when you do post some pics and we'll compare.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when u buy the gc.. make sure u get the ones made for koni struts. the ones made for koni have rings pressed into the sleeve so it can mount onto the struts ring on the koni.

ryanM

anekin007 said:
when u buy the gc.. make sure u get the ones made for koni struts. the ones made for koni have rings pressed into the sleeve so it can mount onto the struts ring on the koni.
thanks man, i'll make sure i do that