what kind of paint

Trekk

Registered VIP
Well... what are you trying to do? Repaint it to look oem, or just slap some paint on it? How far down did you sand it? To the metal? Just scuffed the clear? Into the base coat?

If you went down to metal you need and etching primer.
If you just just sanded and want to paint over things, most people use grey automotive.
If you want to fix minor imperfections you need a high build primer. (minor imperfections are not dings)

dj_num_juan

i want to repaint it all my black paint is coming off and it looks ugly...... i jusd sanded my car to the metal now i need it a tip to chose the right paint

JCCLARK

The Painter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
For bare metal you need epoxy primer.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Primer sealer and a clear coat or primer sealer and then single stage.

Would suggest high build a few coats and then block it out with a guide coat. Then seal it with a color or an actual sealer!

If u r going black then ur gonna want to spend a few days on bodywork...

Trekk

Registered VIP
Let me add, you need to buy your self a good respirator. Auto paints are pretty toxic.

beerman

first thing you need is a good etching primer which will help prevent rust, i would then get a good high build primer. i studied body and paint work for more than 2 yrs. for a paint choice it depends on how much money you can spend. i personally would buy ppg only because its an amazing paint and well worth the money. Hope this helps