What Oil are best for DX....?

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey, I usually used the oil as the manual said, 5w-30, but I know I can use other oil, but I don't know what else to use. What oil do you guys use for your DX? I think there are better oils out there that I can use. I got a 96 hatch...

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how many miles? i would suggest 10w30 valvoline maxlife, i would say dont go synthetic

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I always thought 10w30 is what is best to use...

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just use whats recommended for it, i mean after all it is a dx...so when it give u can buy another engine with more potential, so save money on the recommended oil to later spend it on a swap

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
T!mmy said:
I always thought 10w30 is what is best to use...
why would u think that???
maybe next time instead listening to peopl eu can actually inquire with ur car manufacturer...
5w-30 is what u should have been using.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
STFU^^

10w30 of the cheapest oil you can find will work for you

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Exxon Superflo 5W30. It's usually less than $1.50 a quart and it's the same company that makes Honda's OE oil. Since Exxon Superflo meets or exceeds Honda standards I wouldn't be a bit suprised if it's all the exact same product.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
"What do you think Lance? 30weight, 40weight?"
"40weight sounds good"

haha sorry fast n furious flash back.

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
why would u think that???
maybe next time instead listening to peopl eu can actually inquire with ur car manufacturer...
5w-30 is what u should have been using.
WELL I didnt listen to just some random person...I listened to the wonderfully educated employees at AutoZone! LOL Well actually their computer said that I could use 5w30 or 10w30...I had heard more people in the past saying they bought 10w30 so....I bought 10w30

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
T!mmy said:
WELL I didnt listen to just some random person...I listened to the wonderfully educated employees at AutoZone! LOL Well actually their computer said that I could use 5w30 or 10w30...I had heard more people in the past saying they bought 10w30 so....I bought 10w30
10w30 is fine. I know a foO that races in NOPI using some shitty value craft 10w30 :shock:

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well also keep in mind location (well I guess weather actually) but to my understand the first number just represents it's "flow" (i know it's actually some 'v' word but I cant spell nor remember it correctly) when the engine is cold...I could understand if I lived in a colder climate that I might need a thinner oil for startups and whatnot....BUT...I live in f**king TEXAS! A place where if you dont have sweat pouring profusely down your ass crack, we just dont think it's quite hot enough yet...

Scorchsta

huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
T!mmy said:
well also keep in mind location (well I guess weather actually) but to my understand the first number just represents it's "flow" (i know it's actually some 'v' word but I cant spell nor remember it correctly) when the engine is cold...I could understand if I lived in a colder climate that I might need a thinner oil for startups and whatnot....BUT...I live in f**king TEXAS! A place where if you dont have sweat pouring profusely down your ass crack, we just dont think it's quite hot enough yet...
Were you looking for viscosity?

I use 10w30 synthetic but that's because I go to college in upstate NY :|

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
T!MMY said:
A place where if you dont have sweat pouring profusely down your ass crack, we just dont think it's quite hot enough yet...
SOMEONE watches Robin Williams Live On Broadway

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
WOw, thanks guys. 10w30 is cheap... but I guess I should stick with 10w30s.
Do you know any good brand? Usually use Castrol or some brand that starts with the Q, which sponser that Kenny Tran guy.
The only thing confuse me is that what is the different between 10w30s and other grade oil?

YellowSI. My mileage is at 70thousand miles. Also why I shouldn't use synthetic?

I'm going to keep this motor for awhile and planning to fix it up. I'm going to have it street legal and smog legal. It's too much hassel for other motor...

ek2ner_knox

5+ Year Member
lol i work at valvoline, 10w30 is reccomended for warmer weather maxlife is pretty good but theres nothin to take on full synthetic lol...it smells like pure sex haha

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HondaSpeedaX said:
SOMEONE watches Robin Williams Live On Broadway
dude...do you really think with all the rednecks and s**t around here that the first time I heard the phrase of sweat dripping down someone's ass crack was from Robin Williams? lol no...yes he does say it but you live around here, everyone does and I can gurantee you they all havent seen Robin WIlliams Live on f**kin Broadway. :D

drew97ek

5+ Year Member
Ive always been a fan of Castrol GTX 5W-30, or Catrol Synthetic Blend 5W-30 (thats what i ran in my mustang).