what ratio should i go with?

Justin Wilcox

So ive got a 2000 ex and im looking to get new wheels. Right now, shes isnt lowered at all so im thinking of going with 15x8 with 205/60/15 with et25 tires. Any thoughts and pictures would be great.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This topic has been covered alot, and recently. If you havent research yet, which doesnt sound like you have, then you need to start.

First considered how low you want to go, what look you want, if you want a gap between the tire and the wheel well or for it to sit even or tucked into the. I personally wouldnt go wider than 7".

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Like HeX said, I'd first make a plan of what look you want for your car. Do you just want wheels, without lowering the car (I would not recommend this since it looks nasty imo), lower a bit to close up the gap and get nice wheels, or slamm/stance the car with no wheel gap and stretched tires.
One you figure that out it's pretty easy to come up with a good set up. On a quick glance I can tell you that 205/60 is way too tall and will throw your speedometer off (you will actually be going faster than what it shows).
I'd recommend to go with 205/50 so your speedometer will be off by a small amount, unless you want to run 195/55 which would be a closer match to your stock wheels (185/65/14 with 14x5).
Your set up comparison:

One of my suggestions:

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
205/50/15 will fit great on your car. I personally like the 45 ratio sidewall myself, you will give up a little comfort due to the shorter sidewall. You will feel the bumps in the road a little more but the trade off for better handling is worth it IMO.