What should i do LSVtec or Ls turbo?

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Like it says, ive been ready alot about doing one or the other on different honda forums, but i like the views of you guys better. So give me some.

What i have now is just a LS b18b bare block. This will be a winter project so it will take several months to do. I know you will ask what my goals are and i really not quite sure. I have a y7 now so anything is an upgrade. I guess im just undecidied if i want to remain NA or go turbo.
Give me your views, experiences, etc. anything is welcome. Just dont say search, I did.

madhopz88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
civic_nick2 said:
Like it says, ive been ready alot about doing one or the other on different honda forums, but i like the views of you guys better. So give me some.

What i have now is just a LS b18b bare block. This will be a winter project so it will take several months to do. I know you will ask what my goals are and i really not quite sure. I have a y7 now so anything is an upgrade. I guess im just undecidied if i want to remain NA or go turbo.
Give me your views, experiences, etc. anything is welcome. Just dont say search, I did.
ls turbo and call it a day

skizzot

my car dont run,...yet
5+ Year Member
Yeah wouldnt vtec it, i dont feel like typing all the details, but from iv read vtec Ls will die quickly because of the way the engine is setup. Pretty much not supposed to have vtec, someone can correct me if im wrong but iv heard this from many ppl. So i would turbo it.

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
skizzot said:
Yeah wouldnt vtec it, i dont feel like typing all the details, but from iv read vtec Ls will die quickly because of the way the engine is setup. Pretty much not supposed to have vtec, someone can correct me if im wrong but iv heard this from many ppl. So i would turbo it.
ive heard that also but ive also heard it wont on other forums. thats why i like coming to this one and asking.
thanks guys
turbo-2
lsvtec-0

chinkskater

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ls vtec is good for all motor but ls turbo is the way to go, slap some forged goodies in and call it a day

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ls vtec is awesome IF DONE RIGHT. CHEAP=CHEAP. Ls turbo is easier and will yield more power and arises the phrase, IF DONE RIGHT. Both are of a pricy undertaking and if you f**k up with turbo, you and ruin a lot of s**t. Turbo is more reliant on having a great tune to keep from detination under boost and all that jazz. Broken ring lands aren't cool and are easy to break the bastards when you crank up the boost on stock pistons. Pistons and rods and keeping the factory redline will be gravy, even when you crank up the boost. Ls motors don't like to go above 8k at all, they simply weren't designed to. But with the right parts, they can be very potent 200 whp motors with a few thousand $$$. I want to build the s**t out of an Ls and boost it. Peace.

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
lsvtecturbo
i wish
one or the other though

thanks for the responses, more are welcome
i will post the on going project soon enough

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
LS turbo='s 200hp or so?
LSVTEC='s 180 or so?

i would boost, LS motors love boost, and frankenstein motors need to be done RIGHT to be a good motors

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Suanico said:
LS turbo='s 200hp or so?
LSVTEC='s 180 or so?

i would boost, LS motors love boost, and frankenstein motors need to be done RIGHT to be a good motors

Good other than I have broken the 200 whp mark with the N/a Ls/vtec.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
12.8:1 Ls/vtec said:
Good other than I have broken the 200 whp mark with the N/a Ls/vtec.
hahahaa, but your LSVTEC is built though...i mean if he just does a strait swap or turboes a stock d motor

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Suanico said:
hahahaa, but your LSVTEC is built though...i mean if he just does a strait swap or turboes a stock d motor
its hard to make sense of your posts sometimes... i dont know why youre referencing a D, when that motor isnt even in question

LS turbo will yield more than just 200whp.

civic939

Drive Fast Or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what do you mean by the ls/vtec DONE RIGHT? what is the wrong way to do it? i am planning on doing soon. i just have to get some time to get it done. i've got the b18a1, gsr head, ecu, wires, etc. what is recomended to do it right?

thanks