What Tint percentage Should I get?

snowwave83

5+ Year Member
I have a 2006 Civic EX sedan with the dark blue exterior. I am caught between getting 35% and 50% tint. According to the laws in NJ I cant have the front windows tinted so I am leaning towards getting all windows 50%. I personally think that having half the windows one % and the other windows anther % looks bad. What are your thoughts and recommendations.

Also I heard there is a site where you can see the various levels on tint on your specific car, anyone know the site and/or link?

Lastly, it would be soo helpfully if you could post your civics with tint if they have either 35 or 50%?

I am a new Civic owner and I am in love with this car. I def. will be a civic owner for many years to come.

steve

jdmpimpn1053

5+ Year Member
first off with 50% you wont even tell the difference and cops will notice no matter wut if you hvae ur fornt windows tinted so if ur gonna tint ur fornt windows why not just go all out i hvae 5 in teH back and 20 up front ive only gotten 2 tickets and a arning for my tints in a lil bit under a yea rdurring the summer i ride windows down so the cops arnt a problem in the winter its kinda harder jus always be ready to crank your hetat and roll down the windows in a split second lol i love my tints its only really hard to see out the backwindows if theres absolutley no lighting so on backroads i cant see anything out my back tints unless theres some sort of light on the object adn on my side i can see basic shapes lol but i have never herd of this site that you can see different itnt percents on your car i want to see this

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats the legal limit in your state?

NoBoost

138,000 Mi. EM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
whats the legal limit in your state?
no legal limit in jersey, just to tint on the front windows. anything other than that is fine.

snowwave83

5+ Year Member
Does anyone have any pictures of their cars with 35%?

In NJ you can have the back window and rear windows tinted ANY % but the front windows and windshield can not be tinted at all.

I appreciate all the replies.

steve

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ive got 30% in the front and 5 in the back. never had a ticket for 4 years now *knock on wood*

NoBoost

138,000 Mi. EM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mugenkid18 said:
ive got 30% in the front and 5 in the back. never had a ticket for 4 years now *knock on wood*

Damn thats beautiful, What are you lowered on? Planning suspension for my EM1

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its sitting on RS*R Race springs right now, soon to be changed out for tein basics i think. the 5% in the back keeps the cabin real dark so the front windows look even darker than they are. even the windshield looks tinted from a distance just because you cant see in the car

snowwave83

5+ Year Member
I still havent made a decision. I am think now I am leaning towards 50% tint. Anyone have colors of 50??

Id like to thank everyone yet again for all the help and suggestions. I am proud to be apart of the Civic community and really appreciate it !

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20%. two different shades looks ugly

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Mugenkid18 said:
its sitting on RS*R Race springs right now, soon to be changed out for tein basics i think. the 5% in the back keeps the cabin real dark so the front windows look even darker than they are. even the windshield looks tinted from a distance just because you cant see in the car

:shockl: i couldnt even imagine driving on that road

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
GETxERxDONE said:
15% all around cept windshield..i love it

and you havent gotten pulled over? My friend got pulled over for 32% exactly..
Im at exactly 35% (legal limit ftl..).. sometimes it looks really really dark (ie overcast), and sometimes it looks like my windows arent even tinted..

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes ive gotten pulled over once for it, in Gardendale. 212 dollar ticket. ive been pulled over like 4 times after that and noone gave me a tint ticket. screw gardendale