What turbo set-up would be best?

ChiefKief7

I have a stock 2001 civic ex, d17a2. I am looking to upgrade the performance without doing an engine swap. I am looking to spend around $2000 and I am looking for around 250whp. I'm wondering what would be the best way to do this, and what products I should look at. Thanks!

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I would start by ditching your car to begin with. s**t just isn't going to happen for 2k with an em2 chassis.

ChiefKief7

So basically my best bet is just intake, exhaust, and headers haha. I'm just tryin to work with what I'm given, sucks that the one I have is the least customizable one

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Where there's a will, there's a way.
But in your case, that way isn't going to be cheap :lol:

With the $2k, you could probably slowly piece together a turbo kit over time and get it to make your goal, if you do just about everything yourself and save on labor. The biggest issue I think would be reliability at that point though.

ChiefKief7

Where there's a will, there's a way.
But in your case, that way isn't going to be cheap :lol:

With the $2k, you could probably slowly piece together a turbo kit over time and get it to make your goal, if you do just about everything yourself and save on labor. The biggest issue I think would be reliability at that point though.
That's what I figured, but I just wanted to see what I could do with a limited budget to get any gains out of my car

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The tuning system for an em2 is right around half of what your willing to pay to turbo the car so it wont be cheap but can be done. Maybe send goautoworks an email and see what their prices are