what will it run

v8eaterbeater

Banned
i am buliding and al motor ls with itr usdm pistons and all the other upgrades, and its going in a 93 hatch that is gonna be striped indise of everything but the front two seats, and the ac s**t is gone, and all the power sterrng s**t is gonna, what do you think it will run in a 1/4

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
prob 15's....

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"all the other upgrades"

might want to be a LITTLE more specific there

Exxel82

The Long Forgotten
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can run high 13's to low 14's. With the head ported on worked on, good cams, bigger injectors, tuned (re-programmed), you'll need at least a 255 lph fuel pump, you should hit high 12's- low to mid 13's. If you dont believe me, I have friends that have this same set up. I know there are sceptics out there.

Exxel82

The Long Forgotten
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you'd probably run 15's if you had stock pistons, cause the compression is low. Make sure you get the B16 tranny if you want the best times. The LS tranny is too long of a gearing and you wont get the times expected.

v8eaterbeater

Banned
im gonna get cams i think 401 i think thats what it is from crower. here is what i have now, port and polish, crower valve springs, itr piston( USDM ) megan 4-2-1 header, full 2.5 exhaust, msd 6al ingnition box, msd blaster 3 coil, msd cap, b7 m fuel regualtor, focuz cam gears, skunk 2 intake manny, aem short ram intake. no A/C, no power steering, ctr n1 crank pulley ( 1.8 lbs ), Act heavy duty pressure plate with organic clutch pad, 9 lbs ACT fly wheel, block guard, nology spark plug wires. and the interior all striped but the two front seats. what do you think it will run now, since i got all the s**t listed.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea make sure u get the b16 tranny..my cousins 93 teg LS has a b16 tranny...damn...it pulls way better than his LS tranny

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mid 14s to low 15s, thats my guess.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i'm not gonna predict your ET, but rather ask you what's missing for your buildup to be complete and when will you take her to the 1320?

B16A2_CIVIC

Think. Feel. Drvie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i say high 14 and that my final answer.....

when you taken the car to the track...

v8eaterbeater

Banned
just last night i bought a 93 civic hatch with out the engine and tranny, so that lighter than my 96 so im gonna put it in that and strip what i dont need. i dont know when the track closes near me so i will try and get it done and run it before the seaon is over. so when i finish im gonna post and run the old girl and post pics and et sheets so thanks for the info and support guys.

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
v8eaterbeater said:
just last night i bought a 93 civic hatch with out the engine and tranny, so that lighter than my 96 so im gonna put it in that and strip what i dont need.
if you are looking for a light car, you should have bought a 88 crx dx or hf. 1800 or 1900 lbs is a lot lighter than something that is 2200 or 2300 lbs or more> (im not sure on the exact weight.)

deaconwagers

...now rockin an integra
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rickles8099 said:
if you are looking for a light car, you should have bought a 88 crx dx or hf. 1800 or 1900 lbs is a lot lighter than something that is 2200 or 2300 lbs or more> (im not sure on the exact weight.)
gotta love the 4th gen for lightness. took mine to the dump and weighed in at 2050 with full interior, all my school crap and 3/4 tank

v8eaterbeater

Banned
yeah i heard of the ys1 and the y21 tranny are good for gearing, some one said the y21 tranny is sort of like the si tranny gearing, and about the weight thing its gonna be under 2k lbs when im done, plus i like the look of the hatch back anyways.