What will match parts for a 1995 Civic

w123EG

Hey everyone I'm a newb when it comes to Civics. I just got a 1995 Civic EX and some douche backed into me bending the hood. Luckily the firewall under the hood was not damaged as well as all the bumper, engine compartments, etc. The exterior of the hood just looks retarded and needs to be replaced.

So my question to the vets would be will any 5th generation civic hood fit my 95 hood? Or in newb terms will a Civic made from 92-95 with a hood fit my 95 civic coupe?

I heard the hatchback hoods were a bit longer. Not sure if that is true or not.

Any help I can get will be appreciated!

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
As far as I remember from my 5th gen days you should be fine sticking with coupes and sedans. If not I don't know your location but I use Certifit.com for damn near all my body parts

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So my question to the vets would be will any 5th generation civic hood fit my 95 hood? Or in newb terms will a Civic made from 92-95 with a hood fit my 95 civic coupe?

I heard the hatchback hoods were a bit longer. Not sure if that is true or not.

Any help I can get will be appreciated!
Sedan hoods are a little wider and a little longer. Fenders on the sedan are longer, the bumper is different, and the marker lights are different.

Hatch and coupe parts go together. Sedan is different.

As far as I remember from my 5th gen days you should be fine sticking with coupes and sedans.
It's coupes and hatches that are the same.

95 modified

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lethal6, what about mirrors for hatchback, coupe, 4 door are they interchangeable?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lethal6, what about mirrors for hatchback, coupe, 4 door are they interchangeable?
As far as I have seen it is from the doors forward that are different. Mirror base is different from sedan to coupe/hatch. Same rule applies from above....sedan is on it's own; coupe and hatch go together.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Above is correct. When it comes to body parts, coupe and hatch parts are interchangeable. The sedan is unique. The rear bumper however is common between coupe and sedan, hatchback is different. I'm not 100% sure if there is any difference on the trunk lid, I'm more of a 6th gen guy.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Above is correct. When it comes to body parts, coupe and hatch parts are interchangeable. The sedan is unique. The rear bumper however is common between coupe and sedan, hatchback is different. I'm not 100% sure if there is any difference on the trunk lid, I'm more of a 6th gen guy.
The tail lights are shared by the coupe and sedan, the hatch ones are different. I have also been told that the trunk is different between the coupe and sedan. Don't know this for sure though.