What would you do 2 your civic with $3000 (engine mods)

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t, with 3g, i would tell you to get AEM Cold air intake plus TURBO other then that is all on you.
omg...... I'm not touching it.... trying to cut down.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you trying to be a smart ass or a dumb ass? Cause smart ass really isn't working.
are you serious? did you see the post above mine that i quoted? hes talking about a k24 swap with $3k.

also, atleast im not the one saying get a aem cai and a turbo kit.

/jokes

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
take the same route as black hope boosted d16z6 s**t is quick

Konig16

5+ Year Member
s**t, with 3g, i would tell you to get AEM Cold air intake plus TURBO other then that is all on you.
wow thats the best advice i ever hurd becuse you know that overpriced AEM intake is going to be so useful after you install the turbo kit:lol:

barcafan_84

jdmfan_84
5+ Year Member
stay SOHC

vitara pistons - $130 (normal size with some good rings) u can find those on honda-tech
eagle rods - $250ish (yes clearance issue, the block needs to be knotched, better than LS rods)
pieced together turbo kit - about $1000 for some good parts
p28 chipped +jumper - $130 if you know where to look
good tune and s**t - $500

run 10 psi with a good tune with those internals

total = $2010

still around $1000 to buy more internals and boost more :D
maybe a vtec head and EX transmission

should be decent

didnt realize it was bone stock, might wanna throw on an exhaust for a couple hundred bucks too. still about $800 left
x2

barcafan_84

jdmfan_84
5+ Year Member
stay SOHC

vitara pistons - $130 (normal size with some good rings) u can find those on honda-tech
eagle rods - $250ish (yes clearance issue, the block needs to be knotched, better than LS rods)

total = $2010

should be decent

didnt realize it was bone stock, might wanna throw on an exhaust for a couple hundred bucks too. still about $800 left
i like this idea, the exhaust i was thinking of going catback n1 apexi, dont count the exhaust as a part of the engine budget cuz that's already coming, if you have any opinions on the exhaust with this setup please lmk. Other than that i would love 2 follow ur advice, but first of all, the kid who i bought this car from is a piece of s**t, the car needed a lot of work, next step is paintin the car, i already talked to a guy, plus bought the pearl white acura paint with 25% discount since i worked there, the $3000 that i have saved up is the only resource 4 the engine, i would boost it but the engine is pretty out of shape, rather buy an ex engine with tranny 4 a reasonable price and boost the s**t out of it or buy my friends si engine for 1800 and do some internals!! plus i have exhaust leak ( my car sounds like s**t, dont wanna spend money on this engine), so i want to make a decision in the next month or so!!!

lookin 4 the parts 4 a good price is a mission but its worth it cause u get 2 know the smartest place 2 save some cents!!

lmk what would u do in this case!!

p.s. i can get a b18c type R but have 2 wait 6 months (f**k 6 months, i'll go crazy if i dont do something now while im not doing my masters, after that i wont have the time to work on my car!!

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
3k -=- cams and header and some minor touch ups and im good to gooooooooooooooo :Raza:

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you serious? did you see the post above mine that i quoted? hes talking about a k24 swap with $3k.

also, atleast im not the one saying get a aem cai and a turbo kit.

/jokes
lol, sorry man. I was tired.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just do a small build and a homemade turbo kit. you should be able to get 250hp from that.

infam0us3o5

low n slow.
5+ Year Member
stay SOHC

total = $2010

should be decent

exactly ^

what part of FL you in?

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude listen, first of all dont stay SOHC, that should be just a given now use your common sense. with three grand you could have a mildy built gsr or ls turbo, as other ppl, said. ls turbo is a good option for u i would say. but where im from theres a guy around here selling a 1998 acura integra gsr sedan for 1500$ and all it needs is a new clutch, front end and rear end is mint and it comes with swirlies.

so, think about it, if you could find sumthing like that you could buy the car, sell the front bumper, rear bumper, 98-00 tails, and swirlies right off the back no problem and easily make back lik $800. not to mention everything else u could part out (cluster seats dash etc etc) and your left over with a GSR motor, that u basically spent $500 for. and now you habe $2500 to build it.

plus once you part the s**t out of the car you can still take it to the junkyard and theyll give you $200!!

so dude, think about it, i would say go LS-turbo, Ls-Vtec if u get a good price on a nice b-vtec head, but better than anything id say buy a cheap GSR sedan lik i said, or find a wrecked gsr with a good motor.

whatever you do DONT stay SOHC, you're just driven down a dead end road doing that. I kno ill probably get flamed from the SOHC people on here but IDC the single cam motors are good reliable DD and THATS IT.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
but why stop there?

i say, cold air intake, precision intercooler, 4-1 header, AND turbo :twisted:

blahman......hehehehe i couldnt help it