Whats the best suspension for my 93 coupe?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hater tech bashes on everything. They'd swear my coilovers were the worst thing on the planet. yet my last set on my other car and my ride now are perfectly fine....friends of mine have ridden on them for years as well. Its hard to trust most things online, but really the people that can give the best insight are the ones who actually own and ride on the individual setups.

to most people's surprise, there are a lot of good suspension setups out there....the biggest problem is people using the suspensions for things that they aren't built to handle. Slamming on the wrond setups, auto-x on the wrong spring rates and so on.
With LCA's, the best would actually be oem LCA's with upgraded bushings. Most people dont consider how long oem bushings last through all kinds of driving.

Another thing to consider, is suspension is subjective. Everyone doesn't feel that a 8k spring is hard or vice versa. So what you feel comfortable with is going to be up to you. If you have friends with different setups, its best to ride with them to get an idea or what you want and then find a reputable product that fits your needs. There are tons of quality setups that i would despise simply because my butt doesn't like them.
Very well put. Something else to consider. I currently have (I think) somewhere around 320F/290R spring rates. WAYYY too soft. I have my Tokico Illumina's turned up to the max and it's still too soft for me. I've ridden in my friends prelude on F&F Type I's and he said he's around 6-700 and it feels tight, but it still doesn't feel as stiff as I want it lol. I love feeling every bump in the road. I love it when I swerve my car or take a corner hard, my car barely leans and rolls. I want to be low and want to be able to jump on my car and have it barely move. But that's just me.

CrisCoupe

child do you have black works?? and yeahh i know what you mean completly my friend had a rsx that was super stiff on tiens and he loved it it was alright but i am more on the ride quility with maybe a lil stiffness.. Im just really looking for something to feel good. nut thats completly right its just really how it fells. but my probem is lotta people i know go the cheap way and got dirt sh*t suspension. lol.

i know everyone and there brother has those progress ones but im really looking to do something diffferent!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i know everyone and there brother has those progress ones but im really looking to do something diffferent!
If you want quality, there is no way to do something different. Progress coilovers are great. Koni / GC is the best street setup you can get for the money.

CrisCoupe

ive looked into them but im not really wanting to "piece together" a coilover set up.

CrisCoupe

progress only does suspension parts?? ive herd that companys that only deal with suspension are usually going to have a good quality product?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't have any blackworks products sorry, but I'd assume that they upgraded their lca's since they changed design and bushings...but i'm not sure.

Tons of people have the progress setup because it's good and cheap. Kinda can't best that. I managed to get my fnf could for 560 shipped. It helps being a customer for hella years. PIC apex coilovers are good and pretty cheap with custom spring rates, since you don't want to piece a setup together

CrisCoupe

alright man cool thanks yeahh ill look into them.. Besides coilover what all would you do suspension wise to your car? JW really. i planed on like LCAs and some kind of rear bar back there ya know really for look sbut it helps to have, and then traction bars and a front bar... Any advice?

And big ups on that EK! Real clean!!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd do front and rear sway bars, front and rear tower bars if you still have a lot of body roll, extended liter ball joints up front.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Expensive is not always better people. I wish could find someone using blackworks. Maybe you should call and ask and see what they say. Check on warranty as well.
People should expect, and should be ok with, spending around $600-$800 for a good coilover setup and anywhere from $450-$600 for a good shock/spring setup. You have to pay to play. This is even more true if you want things to work properly. If you can't afford it, you shouldn't be looking to modify your car... It's a hard truth to swallow for some I guess..

Hell even just to do a complete OE suspension replacement would cost around $700 (KYB GR2 OE replacement shocks are around $200 for a set and OE Honda Springs from Majestic Honda website are around $500 for the set). Just putting things in perspective for ya..

CrisCoupe

dont get me wrong.. i plan to spend the money on suspension its pretty much the most important thing to me.. i really have been thinking about getting these progress II or even waiting for GCs but idk!! That forum really helped me out a lot. but still upset no info on black works!