whats the size of the speakers?

blare

I only race from a roll.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sup, i just wanna make sure.. what size is the speakers in the door's in a 97 civic? and what size is the speakers in the back..?

1337 | RCE

teh broke enthusiast
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you've got 6 1/2 inch speakers in the door panels and 6 x 9's in the rear deck.

blare

I only race from a roll.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Iight kool, thanks bro.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what are your plans? I just had some stuff put in my civic and it booms nicely :thumbs up:

blare

I only race from a roll.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wanna replace all the stock speakers in my civic with aftermarket stuff. what did you put in yours?

max@sobell.com

civic n00b
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i put in an all alpine system with no amp, just running off the deck for about $700 at good guys and it sounds NICE. esp. mids and highs.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
blare said:
i wanna replace all the stock speakers in my civic with aftermarket stuff. what did you put in yours?
Already had the Kenwood eXcelon X459 HU
Added:
-MB Quart 61/2 components up front
-Orion 6X9's in back
-Directed 600w 5 channel amp (pic in sig)
-10" Kicker Comp sub w/ ported box

To be honest, I can't even hear the 6X9's. IMO, do everything and don't worry about the 6X9's. I bet you won't even be able to tell the difference. My components are awesome and the sub really booms. Since I am very noob to audio, I tried to do it all myself with a buddy but we ran into wiring connection complications. I finally decided to leave it to the pros. That is why the amp is so nicely tucked on the back side of the rear seat. Good luck on your future audio. It makes a huge difference. Def get a good amp to power all of whatever you do. The HU internal amp will never do justice to quality speakers.

blare

I only race from a roll.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, thanks for the info..

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know in my car which is a 98 hx i have 5.25 door speakers most civics have 5.25 doors and 6x9 rears most everyone upgrades to 6.5 but beware some of them will require trimming of the door plastic

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
before buying the speaker, check the depth. my 6 1/2 jl audio is way too big and they were off by about 1/2 for each screw mounting points.

Enjoi

coming back to cars...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You'll want 6x9s in the rear, trust me. It will sound very shallow without them, especially to passengers in your back seats.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Enjoi said:
You'll want 6x9s in the rear, trust me. It will sound very shallow without them, especially to passengers in your back seats.
I don't carry too many rear passengers so it doesn't really matter.

I don't think I'm losing anything, but to each his own.

Blowncivic1320

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have sony xplod's in the front and stock 6x9s

with a Poweracoustik 850watt amp and 2 poweracoustik 1400watt (each) 10" subs

w000t

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blowncivic1320 said:
I have sony xplod's in the front and stock 6x9s

with a Poweracoustik 850watt amp and 2 poweracoustik 1400watt (each) 10" subs

w000t
I don't think my ears could handle any more then I already have. I have the bass settings at half the volume and it can be overbearing at times.

tegdablunt

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it easy to replace factory tweeters in the door? do i need an OEM replacement or can i go better?

GTIUNIT

very yes...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm running an alpine cda 7894, with xm radio direct connect, infinity reference series all around, an alpine 4 channel, can't remember the model number, and mtx 801d powering two mtx 6000 series 12" subs. so yeah it pounds pretty nicely. i would change the rear 6x9's any way, their crappy paper cone speakers.

civicracing98

im a cc whore :/
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
infinity reference fronts
pioneer rev series rears
12'' memphis mojo sub
1100x1 mojo amp
a couple cracked windshields.. :lol: j/p

EBPimpSi

CCCC member #76
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
h/u: sony xplod(came with the car) saving up for alpine 9815
front: 6 1/2 CDT Audio classics
front amp: none yet
rear: none
Sub amp: 800.2 Avionixx(owners claim its underrated)
Subs: (2) 12' k's Edesign Audio
Box: 2 cube before displacement...built to fact. rec.
Wires: Knukoncepts 0/1and 4 awg for power and grounds, fuses and so forth
Sound Deadening: Edesign Audio

With the setup I have I'm certain I have best SQL system on my block...all the homies admit that it hits clean and it doesn't overpower the highs....when volume turned up half way i can easily set off car alarms....my gain is set at just before 50%; if i turn it up more its just too crazy for me...the whole car's interior insanely shakes and it's hard to breath inside when i tried it...btw im still not done with my system there's more to be added once the funds come along