What's wrong with this car!?!?!

EGWMD

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/2901181584.html

I'm clueless as I've never heard of this happening however ever since i sold my EG coupe i've been looking for a new one, if this is something SIMPLE and one hell of a steal I will go out of my way to get it.

I was told it could be a fuel pump, or something relatively cheap and making this car a HUGE profit margin if I were to buy fix sell

I NEED RESPONSES FAST! PLEASE! THANK YOU!

codeman76

Could be the dizzy or fuel pump relay to a blown motor. Hard to tell.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would avoid it personally.

there's no way to know what the problem is from his description. you could spend the cost of the car ez trying to fix it and even more actually fixing it.

the current owner says he already bought a new car. that tells me he could afford a cheap fix. he just wants it gone. so again. i just don't like the sound of it. sounds like he's trying to dump it on someone else.

EGWMD

"ran out of gas" didnt point to blown motor for me, that's pretty much all I was looking for, thanks for the heads up

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Could be an easy fix, offer $500, it's worth at least that in parts,especially if the exterior/interior is as in good shape as he has rated them.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get it for $500, and worst case you spend $500 on another d series to put in it. then clean it up and sell it for $2k.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
That's what happened on my teg. Turned out to be the plugs were all gummed up. Could easily be a 12 dollar fix for new plugs, or it could be a hassle going through timing, fuel, air and spark.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you good with cars? have a second car? snatch it up, i remember people saying running out of gas in their eg's caused an issue like this. someone said they had to "prime" the system. is this true?

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you good with cars? have a second car? snatch it up, i remember people saying running out of gas in their eg's caused an issue like this. someone said they had to "prime" the system. is this true?
yes, but you only need to prime like 3 to 5 times.

Ek_Rider

(1)200 brand new main relay if this is out no fuel go to junk yard just steal one,(2)easy fix if belt didnt break timing could have jumped, (3)distributor cap, rotor, or coil probably coil steal one from junk yard try it first cuz its not worth paying 100 dollars for it not bieng the problem these will most likly be your problem also to check the fuel injectors remove the fuel rail with injectors lay a towel down and and check for a mist not a squirt. well this is all i have to say good luck

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
If it's the main relay, you can solder the different points, which is really easy to do. Here is the link for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viIZ8k60awY. You can also check the engine bay fuse box to find out if any fuses blew out for some reason. That would be an easy fix. Ask if you can remove the main relay and if you see any cracked solder points, then buy a cheap soldering kit and get to it.

I agree that $500 would be a great buy for it for parts as well, but try to make it run because it would definitely be a steal!

Ek_Rider

not really stealing more like borrowing a game or somthing from a friend for a verry long time hahahaha