What's your guys wireless network name?

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I set up a new router in my house this morning and happen to catch a faint signal for someone's network name called "Imhereforthegangbang" and it had me rolling! :lol:

My network = StopjackingmynetsandD =)

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
linkysys

Neighbors:
HARDBONERS
Virus
ZEUS 8==D
The White House

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mine is currently "FBI Surveillance Van #1". Before that, it was "Abraham Linksys" and also "Pr0nNet"

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't have anything witty for my name, but my neighbors have a network called, "ICanHearYouHavingSex"

We live in townhouses, where we have common walls....

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used to have the stock name, but since I found that 8 neighbors were stealing my Internet I changed it for nomorefreeinternetbastards and changed my security to wap2, so this way I let them know that I know they were stealing my Internet but no longer, also I have the name of their devices, so I just have to investigate who they are and tell them "oh your the one who was stealing my internet"

Sent from my Olivetti Valentine using Tapatalk 4 Beta

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Can't really call it stealing if it wasn't locked down...free wifi ftw :lol:

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can't really call it stealing if it wasn't locked down...free wifi ftw :lol:
It was locked, I only have security wep, but now it is wap2

Sent from my Olivetti Valentine using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RonJ

Banned
Would you like my network password too? Shall I post my credit card numbers and codes as well? And social security number and address?

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Would you like my network password too? Shall I post my credit card numbers and codes as well? And social security number and address?
Yes cause a wireless network will reveal soooo much info about you. If I wanted your SSN i could have it easily so you really shouldnt worry.

My wireless name is IveSeenYouNaked =)

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes cause a wireless network will reveal soooo much info about you. If I wanted your SSN i could have it easily so you really shouldnt worry.

My wireless name is IveSeenYouNaked =)
You. You really couldn't. You aren't some l33t h4xx0rz.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol @ RonJ. If none of these people are near you the name or your wireless network does nothing for them...

Mine is "A Linksys to the Past".

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you sure?
Yes, I'm sure.

Come on man, think about it. They have to be in range to even receive the signal.

You seem to have an opinion that it is possible. You going to speak up or just keep trolling? :lol:

You must be on the same boat as the dude that thinks to government is going to watch and track him through his xbox connect camera. :lol::lol::lol:

RonJ

Banned
I don't consider myself a particularly paranoid person, but I firmly believe that it's prudent to minimize the amount of personal information you share about yourself in public areas of the internet. Why make it easier than it already is for people with potentially nefarious intentions to gather such information, if they are so inclined?

You and others are convinced that such information sharing is harmless. I don't share this view.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
LETHAL~ Remember that story last year (or the year before) when that school got busted for turning on the school issued laptop cameras while the kids had them at home? I'm sure if the government wanted to, they could hack your xbox camera! LOL

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't consider myself a particularly paranoid person, but I firmly believe that it's prudent to minimize the amount of personal information you share about yourself in public areas of the internet. Why make it easier than it already is for people with potentially nefarious intentions to gather such information, if they are so inclined?

You and others are convinced that such information sharing is harmless. I don't share this view.
I am totally with you about sharing personal information over the net, but something like this unless they can get within range of your router it does no good. Giving your ip address away (although it's public anyway) gives more information about your location than a network name. It's no more harmless than giving your real name over the site here. I get more information about you and your location from your log in id and email than I do from the name of your wireless network that is password protected and 2100 miles away.

LETHAL~ Remember that story last year (or the year before) when that school got busted for turning on the school issued laptop cameras while the kids had them at home? I'm sure if the government wanted to, they could hack your xbox camera! LOL
Hey, I'm not saying it isn't within the realm of possibility, I just think they have better ways to get you than through an xbox. What are you actually doing in front of the xbox that you have to be worried about anyway? :shock:

They are under a LOT of heat for tracking cell phone calls. A LOT of heat. I think it is going to be some time before they actually go to the extreme of hacking xboxes. f*** it if they do. I guarantee they don't want to watch my fat ass sitting here watching tv in my boxers on a hot lazy sunday. That's not even something I want to see! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited: