Wheel noise AGAIN

4doorslammer

Ive been getting some wheel noise... nothing new. But it gets real loud in the rear passanger side when Im turning sharp to the left. Basicly when Im in a round about. Any ideas on what it could be?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wheel bearing? CV Joint? what does the noise sound like?

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wheel bearing? CV Joint? what does the noise sound like?
lol rear = no CV joint.... but most likely a wheel bearing, or brakes getting a little hung up on that side.

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol rear = no CV joint.... but most likely a wheel bearing, or brakes getting a little hung up on that side.
haha whoops i was on the phone while i was reading lol

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OP, would you discribe the sound more as a rough grinding (like something heavy) or just like a steady light hum?

4doorslammer

Steady hum up until I turn then grinding... kinda sounds like the metal on metal i had right before i changed the rear shoes. Could just be new brakes hanging up. Wheel bearings "seem to be" in good shape... but its possible.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Steady hum up until I turn then grinding... kinda sounds like the metal on metal i had right before i changed the rear shoes. Could just be new brakes hanging up. Wheel bearings "seem to be" in good shape... but its possible.
dunb question, but when you did the shoes, did you set the brakes rolling backwards? also, to check the wheel bearing lift that tire off the ground and grab the top and bottom of the tire and try to pivot it up and donw (like your trying to camber the wheel) and if it wiggles then its probably a wheel bearing and you need to get that fixed pronto, i have seen several cars have the wheel bearing wear out and have a "wheel off" it sucks,

but then if it doesnt wiggle, just take and spin the tire with your hands and see if you har any of the griding noise.

but also sense yo usaid its a constant hum then rough when turning it could be as simple as your brakes not being adjusted right.

let me know what you find out and we can go from there

4doorslammer

The car has had this steady hum since i bought it. As for the grinding im thinking its that they just need to be adjusted.

Checked the wheel bearings the day that we changed the shoes out.. Everything seems good there. Pretty solid. Buddy says to get a camber kit and we'll do some adjusting there and see if it helps. Otherwise were thinking the tires are whats causing the constant wheel noise.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The car has had this steady hum since i bought it. As for the grinding im thinking its that they just need to be adjusted.

Checked the wheel bearings the day that we changed the shoes out.. Everything seems good there. Pretty solid. Buddy says to get a camber kit and we'll do some adjusting there and see if it helps. Otherwise were thinking the tires are whats causing the constant wheel noise.
you dont really need a camber kit unless your just cambered WAY negative, from the sound of it
you might just need to adjust the brakes and get the tires rotated and maybe balanced

4doorslammer

Has tokico blues and neuspeed lowering springs and nothing else suspension wise... were thinking its bad camber and needs to be adjusted. Im going to replace the rear tires. They are differnet than the front. And the rear drivers side tire has some wear on the inside of the tire.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=199650

read this before you go buying a camber kit, especially if the only thing youve done is springs and shocks.
it might have some info you havent though off.

also i know i might get flamed by some other members for this one, but if you only need to adjust the camber in the rear, and only need to ajust it a little bit, take out one of the bolts that hold that little upper arm in, take it to the part store ( in a car OTHER then yours sense it will now be missing a bolt.) and find steel washers that fit that bolt and then buy 4 bolts that are the same as the one you brough with you (just longer) then go back in and use the washers as spacers between the little arm and the body then use the longer bolts. (this makes sure that you have plenty of thread in the body holding this stuff on.

like i said i may get flamed but i know it works an its cost about a 3rd of what the camber kit dose.

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well Im gonna start by replacing my rear lca bushings and install them FINALLY. See what that does for me.
hopefully you have alot of time to do this because replacing the bushings are a b***h

boombotz401

I had to do mine last week the trick was to put a socket in the bushing and give it a couple good knocks popped right out try that

if I helped in any way hit that thanks button!