Wheel of for-tuner

Decipher

Registered VIP
My question is regarding my lack of knowledge of rims/tires and all related concepts. The number one aesthetic goal I have for my sedan is its stance. I have the car on lowering springs, which dropped it between 2 and 2-1/2 inches, but the wheel wells still look like there is too much space between the fender and the tops of the tires. What I'm asking, since I can't wrap my own mind around the problem, is:

Is there any way to achieve that "slammed" look by changing rim/tire configurations? (I want no bigger than 16" rims)

Right now I have 14" rims, with 185/65 R14 tires. Would the way to do this be going up an inch or two in wheel size and getting a low-profile tire? OR just getting low pro's on the 14"s I have? Also, I have been perplexed by my encounters with wheel offset... what is it? I'd love to achieve a look like this:

http://www.stanceiseverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/10-12-08-531.jpg

This is a photo of my car currently.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tire sizing explained.
http://www.autotropolis.com/car-care/car-tire-sizes-explained.html

Offset explained.

Is there any way to achieve that "slammed" look by changing rim/tire configurations? (I want no bigger than 16" rims)
Not really.

Right now I have 14" rims, with 185/65 R14 tires. Would the way to do this be going up an inch or two in wheel size and getting a low-profile tire? OR just getting low pro's on the 14"s I have?
Think about it. If you have a 14" wheel now with a 65 series sidewall, you change it out to a 15 o 16" wheel with lower profile tire, you have not gained much of anything. It will still be close to the same diameter of the 14" wheel that you started out with. With the 15 or 16" wheel, you went with a bigger wheel and shorter sidewall.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Damn. I kind of expected that changing the wheels or tires wouldn't help, but I wasn't sure.

I want the appearance of being slammed, but I can't actually sit my car 2 inches off of the ground... I drive way too much, and my job depends on my car. I get so jealous when I see a ride just smacked down to the road though, that look is everything to me. I guess bags are in my future. Thanks for the response though, however hopeless my question was.