Wheel SIze

Defintion

5+ Year Member
sidewayzinCA said:
15-16 is the best all around. they look good, they fit, and if anything for autocross they are too big.

the top racers in the US, autocross that is, are using 13 in rims, they do this so they can have a super wide tire without eating there fenders.

20's are gay and i know you rub so dont try and say they fit.
Actually if you knew anything about your car you would know it does NOT rub on on a 30 series tire...Well at least not the 6th, 7th or 8th generation civics...

Yeah, mine does rub...due to the fact I lowered it and have a 35 series tire..I personally like the look of this tire better than the 30 series...

peter

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Defintion said:
although I'm not a huge fan of those rims, :thumbup: for doing somthing you think looks good, too many people mod there cars based on others views.

bennym

5+ Year Member
I actually think 17' looks really nice on 6th gen civic with of course a drop. I have enkei rp-02 17's and each m is around 15 lbs for $100 give or take $10.. so, not too bad???

white_egizzle6

5+ Year Member
Sodee said:
What's the deal with the guy who thinks "20's look stupid as f**k"? Everyone has their own opinion.. Hell, what are those on your EG, 13's? In my opinion, I would rather be riding on rusted steelies than those.. And did you paint your hood black? :lol: A follower are we?... So to every man their own. Man, if you want to ride 20's on your civic, do it. Just dont get what everyone else THINKS you should get.. You'll never be happy..

Big wheels go on big cars eh? So the monte carlo in Training day needed 24's? No, try again..

And btw, Ive seen civics with 20's, and they dont look half bad, just too expensive for me lol.. I ride 15-16 because of the comfortable ride..
i still think "20's look stupid as f**k" but that is besides the point. I mean it is a opion, like u think im am stupid for having a carbon fiber roof (not painted roof) and i sold my cheap hood to someone so i put my stock back on thur for the picture. And yes those were stock vx rims, cause they are the lightest i can find for autox. But i am SORRY for calling everyone stupid who has big rims i guess i meant the rims look stupid so then it rubs off on you!!! jk But is was an opion and i am sorry if anyone was offended!!!

n20andy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn what a reaction, didn't know that there was that much hatred for + sized wheels. I guess that there are alot of followers inhere.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
n20andy said:
damn what a reaction, didn't know that there was that much hatred for + sized wheels. I guess that there are alot of followers inhere.
the reality is i agree some rims are just too big.. like not to be an a*****e.. when a car is built it has a flow to it..

look at a jeep, nsx, civic, mercedes and a mustang cobra lets just say..... they all have a unique body style.. that can support certain looks... like a wide body kit with some nice 18 inch deep lipped racing style wheels would look great on an nsx... but would probably look silly on a jeep... a lift kit and some moster truck tires might look cool on a jeep.. but put that same s**t on the cobra and people will point and laugh.... a mercedes could rock some sick chromed out 19's but put them on a little econobox civic and well they just dont really go? again.. people should do what they want... but i just personally avoid stuff that does not fit the styling of the car... i think exotic body kits and super large rims just dont fit the logical flow of a civic.. i respect everyones choice to do their own thing.. but im just explaining why MOST people do it a certain way, and thats because it generally flows well.... ;)

n20andy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
the reality is i agree some rims are just too big.. like not to be an a*****e.. when a car is built it has a flow to it..

look at a jeep, nsx, civic, mercedes and a mustang cobra lets just say..... they all have a unique body style.. that can support certain looks... like a wide body kit with some nice 18 inch deep lipped racing style wheels would look great on an nsx... but would probably look silly on a jeep... a lift kit and some moster truck tires might look cool on a jeep.. but put that same s**t on the cobra and people will point and laugh.... a mercedes could rock some sick chromed out 19's but put them on a little econobox civic and well they just dont really go? again.. people should do what they want... but i just personally avoid stuff that does not fit the styling of the car... i think exotic body kits and super large rims just dont fit the logical flow of a civic.. i respect everyones choice to do their own thing.. but im just explaining why MOST people do it a certain way, and thats because it generally flows well.... ;)
well said.

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
17's = DUB -3

i got 17's...no complaints...only one i would have is wheel style sometimes...its a love/hate relationship

there was a guy with 19's on his hatch with an extreme drop...looked kinda goofy...or...awkward...other than that, they filled out the fender well VERY nice...

15's are for JDM peeps
16's are for JDM peeps that want bigger wheels
17's are for peeps wanting a "big baller" status
18's are for people who want more of a "big baller" status
20's are for the big ballers.

needanew1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
TippinOver said:
17's = DUB -3

i got 17's...no complaints...only one i would have is wheel style sometimes...its a love/hate relationship

there was a guy with 19's on his hatch with an extreme drop...looked kinda goofy...or...awkward...other than that, they filled out the fender well VERY nice...

15's are for JDM peeps
hahaha, i got 17's on my civic, just put em on today and i think they look great... i got my big baller status lol...

i love my 17" wheels

n20andy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TippinOver said:
17's = DUB -3

15's are for JDM peeps
What color was the car? I have 19's on my hatch, maybe it is my car your talking about

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i personally like 15's on a civic, anything bigger then 16's slows it down and looks ricey but some look alright..

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Defintion said:
It doesn't look retarded..nor stupid...Everyone has different taste....So basically you just stated your opinion..

I have 20"s on a civic, no performace mods...
you have 19 posts and a 7th gen... this is no place for you to talk about looks or performance buddy.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TippinOver said:
17's = DUB -3

15's are for JDM peeps
Oh... So I'm nothing with my 14s!?!?!?!