wheel/tire advice please!

pinstripewizard

5+ Year Member
i'm finally ready to put new wheels & tires & lower my civic, but i really need some suggestions. especially on wheel size (15 or 16)
i'm on a budget, but also get parts at wholesale at my work - but they only carry certain brands.

here's what i'm thinking:

These wheels

HD T/A (without the ugly blue graphics!)
or these

With 205/50/15 ziex 912's

& either H&R or S.Tech springs.

they're going on a white 00 sedan...like i said i am on a budget so i can't really afford to spend out the ass, but really need some advice!

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
go with the works bro...(the bottom ones, i think you could be talking about the rota torques too?). The HD T/A 's are just plain ugly. As for size for the works i'd prolly go with 16's, the works in 15's look a little bit too small on 96-00 civics. Tire wise, stay away from the ziex's. The ziex's are good DD's but once you push them they will start screaching and slipping. In the rain they suck, i've had them before and was not impressed. The only thing i liked about them was the tread life and strong sidewalls. The tires i'd recommend since your on a budget are kuhmo spt's bro, you can't go wrong with these. They perfrom great in the dry and wet, at the moment i have the yoko es100's which are identical in performance with the spt's. The es100's are a couple dollars more but it didn't matter too much to me.

As for springs, will you running them with stock shocks? or aftermarket? i recommend aftermarket bro, either kyb agx's (on a budget adj shocks) or if your looking for something a little bit cheaper the new skunk2 shocks. PM me i found shop that sells them for cheap. Spring's choice i'd go with either, both are good quality and there drops are almost identical.

*Dont forget about a front camber kit bro, for the are doing the rear washer trick will do the job. Pm if you have any more questions.

pinstripewizard

5+ Year Member
yea i like the second wheels better too... the car is just a DD so i'm not going to be driving it very hard at all, mainly just to work and back. i'll be running stock shocks atleast for now.
as for the camber kit, ebay kits are going for like 125 CHEAP, do i need to worry about them breaking or tearing stuff up?

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea i like the second wheels better too... the car is just a DD so i'm not going to be driving it very hard at all, mainly just to work and back. i'll be running stock shocks atleast for now.
as for the camber kit, ebay kits are going for like 125 CHEAP, do i need to worry about them breaking or tearing stuff up?
stock shocks should hold up somewhat okay since you'll be running them with springs.

The only camber kits i would go with is skunk2, omni, and blox. All three i mentioned replace the factory upper control arms. By replacing the upper control arm you'll have roughly 0-3 degrees of camber adjustment. There is a huge arguement over getting a camber kit and not getting one. It really depends on how low your dropped. Usually anywhere lower than 1.5 you are recommended to have some sort of camber kit. Anything above 1.5 you can probably get away with just a alignment. I on the other hand am tucked almost all around so i'm running the 2nd gen skunk2 camber kit. I wouldn't be caught without a camber kit, in the end its going to be yourself paying for tires not your buddy who told you forget about a camber kit.