When it rains, it pours

hondagriff

Banned
They saying goings. . . once you have a problem with your 7th gen you'll continue to have more problems. Some of you have know of some of the problems I've been having. Today is just another problem. I drove it today for the first time since the ordeal with hitting the raccoon which ripped off my bumper. All of the sudden my power steering went out. The fluid resevoir came loose and the hose was rubbing against the pulley to the power steering, made a hole and lost the fluid. Easy fix but it's sunday-dealer is closed,so resorted to getting some hose from orielleys to make due. It's not exact match but it will do. Just what next is to follow.

Tkdtim1226

5+ Year Member
Because the hose rubbed against the pulley, so now the pulley is going to not rotate centered and your timing belt is going to come loose, causing a dropped valve. Good luck. :lol:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sorry to hear about that man, hope that this is the last of your problems.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That sucks bro, I would add some extra support this time to your bumper and also for the splash guard for future run in's, all joking aside.
As we all now our fronts are not very strong.

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
speaking of 7th gen civics and problems, i get a check engine light at least once every-other month that says i have a miss-fire?! i changed timing belt water pump and plugs only 2,000 mi ago...

Tom619

5+ Year Member
speaking of 7th gen civics and problems, i get a check engine light at least once every-other month that says i have a miss-fire?! i changed timing belt water pump and plugs only 2,000 mi ago...
looks like we're hijacking the original thread (SORRY!), but for misfiring, wait til the EC light comes back on, plug in the computer diagnostic and it will tell you exactly the code #, which tells you exactly which cylinder is having problems.
For example, CODE "PO304" means the fourth cylinder's sparkplug is misfiring.

if it is a severe misfiring, your car could be experiencing jerking during idle or acceleration, or shutdown completely during Reverse.

all possible problems for misfiring:
Ignition coil / Spark plugs / Ignition circuit / Injector / Upstream HO2S / Compression pressure / Timing belt / Crankshaft position sensor / Air intake / Fuel pressure / Crankshaft position sensor circuit and connector / Bad tuning

Most common problems (in order of commonality): sparkplugs, sparkplug wires, coil, injector.

Hope this helps. 9 out of 10 times it will be plug or wire. New plugs go bad more often then you think.
if the new sparkplugs are actually "ok", then they caused the s/p wires to go bad. improper gapping or what not. you said you recently changed your s/p so that is a big indicator. everything was fine until recently right..? =]

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya...changed the s/p? well its always on cylinder 3...and its always a random misfire it says, not serious i have a diagnotics thing and the code book and the thing says just random but...and it happened bfore water pump and timing belt...i think its just bad gas but idk...thnx for the help man and i no im going off topic but just reminded me and guess all of us 7th gen could complain...

OVNi_CIVIC

Revise
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They saying goings. . . once you have a problem with your 7th gen you'll continue to have more problems. Some of you have know of some of the problems I've been having. Today is just another problem. I drove it today for the first time since the ordeal with hitting the raccoon which ripped off my bumper. All of the sudden my power steering went out. The fluid resevoir came loose and the hose was rubbing against the pulley to the power steering, made a hole and lost the fluid. Easy fix but it's sunday-dealer is closed,so resorted to getting some hose from orielleys to make due. It's not exact match but it will do. Just what next is to follow.
you made a whole thread for this? :???:

you hit an animal and this is a problem with the car? The car is seven years old, you expect it to be like new?

I had a similar thing happen with my eg8 with the powersteering reservoir, but c'mon throw me a pity party? no.
:nono:

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
i rocked a deers s**t about 8 months ago. 337lb 24pt buck. just my luck. i hunt and hunt all last season and couldnt get a damn thing and i'm just driving along one night and horseshoe my front end on the mid section of douglascounty, GA's biggest deer. F%&$. crack my header. 6000k in damage. bust up my HIDs. but i got over 6 months of venison chili out of it=)=)

cerasoli1188

Love/Hate Relationship
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i rocked a deers s**t about 8 months ago. 337lb 24pt buck. just my luck. i hunt and hunt all last season and couldnt get a damn thing and i'm just driving along one night and horseshoe my front end on the mid section of douglascounty, GA's biggest deer. F%&$. crack my header. 6000k in damage. bust up my HIDs. but i got over 6 months of venison chili out of it=)=)
:rolf: