Where can i find performance parts.

tuner4life

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys where can i get performance parts for my 90 Civic EX. I can't afford expensive stuff but i would like small stuff that do a noticable difference in hp and tq. Thanks.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Standard answer: IHE...

Good alternative for 4th gens: DOHC ZC swap.

I didn't know they made EX in 1990... I learned something new. But without the VTEC engine what is the difference between the EX and LX in 90

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
small stuff will hardly help to get you more hp or torque, if you want the power you gotta spend the money, check out nopi.com, they have good deals, also try searching on google there is stuff all over the web just waiting for ya to discover.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
Standard answer: IHE...

Good alternative for 4th gens: DOHC ZC swap.

I didn't know they made EX in 1990... I learned something new. But without the VTEC engine what is the difference between the EX and LX in 90
in 90-91 honda produced the 4dr ex with the same motor as the 89-91 si, but with about 5 more hp then the si, both non-vtec motors.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cool, I see lots of DX and LX's. Must be kinda' rare 'round here.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
the 90-91 ex's are very rare around anywhere.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
and you should be, i have only seen one roll through the dealer i work for and that was about a year ago.

tuner4life

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dang i made my mind im keeping it. Btw i didn't mean in a sarcastic way (Ilooked like i did to me).

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
huh, i dont get.

tuner4life

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To me it sounded like i was being sarcastic saying "Wow makes me feel special". O and if its about me saying i decided im keeping the is cuz i was debating on selling it.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
nah you didn't sound sarcastic, yu actually sounded happy which is what ya should be.

tuner4life

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jspeczcturbo said:
nah you didn't sound sarcastic, yu actually sounded happy which is what ya should be.
I am believe me, i am. I also cant wait to paint it and get my rims and intake then it'll start to take shape.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
well good luck and enjoy, and have some fun along the way.

ACE4DOOR

Banned
tuner4life said:
Hey guys where can i get performance parts for my 90 Civic EX. I can't afford expensive stuff but i would like small stuff that do a noticable difference in hp and tq. Thanks.
Yo your budget may be tight, but you ain't gonna get that much performance out of that EX engine. I believe that is the same engine as the 90-91si at 108hp. Also the EX is a lot heavier. If your budget is tight, just buy a single vtec longblock. You already have the tranny. You can pick one up 4 about $400. Then work the mess out of it.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ACE4DOOR said:
Yo your budget may be tight, but you ain't gonna get that much performance out of that EX engine. I believe that is the same engine as the 90-91si at 108hp. Also the EX is a lot heavier. If your budget is tight, just buy a single vtec longblock. You already have the tranny. You can pick one up 4 about $400. Then work the mess out of it.
the 90-91 ex is rated at 113hp from factory due to it being heavier, and you can get alot of performance outta that motor, with gude performance making a turbo kit and any other d-series turbo kit will bolt right on, and jackson racing also makes a supercharger, but there is also a heavy aftermarket performance support for this car, don't dis what ya don't understand.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
superstreet did a write up on a 90 civic hatch, and the guy did a lot of tuning to it. i believe he did the b swap, but im not sure. when i get done unpacking i will look for ya. he said it was fairly cheap.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
alot of companes offer cheap b16's, it just geting them installed correctly and running perfect that's a b***h.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats why u get the hook up, or you know how to do it urself...=)

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
yeah but it doesn't come easy to everyone to everyone knowing how to swap, its not reallly that hard just make sure you get your s**t straight.