which engine is faster??

fictrs

hey whats up. im kinda new to honda engine specs and performance. i was wondering about motor and what would be faster...i have a 98 civic ex which has a d16y8 i think and the motor is totally shot dead. i want to get a new engine on a budget like 1500. my question is what would be faster??? me buying a new d16y8 or a b20z2 with an LS integra transmission???like which would have me picking up speed faster etc.. thanks

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No replacement for displacement. If you're not going to build/mod anything, just get the bigger motor.

fictrs

cool so your saying a b20z2 is fastre than a d16y8??? like the b20 stock would win against a d16 stock??

d-proff

5+ Year Member
When u want something faster its not that a engine is faster u want more power so look at differences in horsepower and torque they will help u move faster than something with less weight and gear ratios also play major part gear ratios especially depending if u want top speed or fast acceleration for getting off the line

1993hatch

5+ Year Member
I had a GSR with an Ls block and head with a GSR tranny and it pulled pretty hard for just an LS. Just sayin

redcivicls95

redcivicls95
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can do some serious damage with $1500. Aim higher. Look for a gsr or a built b16.. You can prolly find a built powertrain, tranny and all for $1500

Black96EXNC

SOHC EJ8
B engines will def get you off faster stock. I wanted to be a little diffrent since everyone does B swaps. You can have a lot of fun with a D engine. I can beat most NON turbo B engines with my D16Y8. But I have a lot of sweat invested. All motor build with new tranny & clutch set up. Im not breaking any records, but im not trying to either. Just pick a build you will enjoy forget what everyone else thinks is the "in" thing. Good luck man and have fun!