Which Grille???

Heyits750

Top Noobie
5+ Year Member
So im looking to get a different grille for my car...
Should i try to find a Si grille for my ex or just get a type r one from ebay???? Which will the money be well spent on???? Can i get the inner peice from the si grille and place it on the outer stock trim of my ex??

jkcivic

5+ Year Member
its up to you. your the one who haves to look at it everyday. imo i would go with the type r.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do the DIY type R grill. Looks nice if done right.

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Personally, I would go with the OEM Si Grill over the eBay CTR Knockoff Grill.

If you can find the Inner Piece of the 99-00 Si Grill by itself, then you can use the Surround Trim Piece from your EX and be done. Doing it this way will be the best option as the Color would Match perfectly to your Car, since its your OEM Trim and you will not have to Paintmatch it).

In the other hand, the eBay CTR Knockoff Grill is a One Piece Grill and doesnt include the Screws that hold the Grill onto the Bumper, like the OEM ones - It's basically just held with the Upper Tabs.

With that said, I think the money will be best spent on the OEM Si Grill ...

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You cannot put the Si mesh into your stock grille, just buy an eBay one if you don't want to spend a lot on a real Si grille.

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ Really? I dont own a 99-00 (I got 96-98), so I wouldn't know for sure. I've heard people say that the 99-00 EX Trim Piece fits into the 99-00 Si Mesh though, guess they were wrong. Thanks for pointing that out.

I would still go with the OEM Si Grill over the eBay one.

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ From Local Forums I can get one for $40-$50 ... OEM Si Grill.

Online people overprice them, so I guess it'll depend on his luck and ability to search for a good deal.

Heyits750

Top Noobie
5+ Year Member
Ok .. well i did call up honda and they said that the outer trim from the ex and si are different so i would have to buy the ebay one or get the two peices from honda outer part it $70 w/ tax and i found a brand new iner mesh for 90... idk tho.... The DIY grille looks a lil flimpsy tho..

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ Really? I dont own a 99-00 (I got 96-98), so I wouldn't know for sure. I've heard people say that the 99-00 EX Trim Piece fits into the 99-00 Si Mesh though, guess they were wrong. Thanks for pointing that out.

I would still go with the OEM Si Grill over the eBay one.
Yeah, my friend tried this and I called Honda to confirm. :???:

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sometimes its worth it.

Im going to buy a fake Si grill and switch it with my chicks OEM Si grill, she wont even know.
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Smart though.

Alpha.kx

5+ Year Member
Just DIY it.. use expanded metal and paint it. 20 bucks versus... ? It looks practically the same.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
DIY FTL.

Buy the OE, whichever one. The Si one will be easier to find used and for a decent price here of course.

And stealing, even if you replace it with a crappy copy, is still wrong. If it won't matter to her, ask her first. Offer to replace hers and mention how much you would like the grille she has.