Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Toyo Proxes 4

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Which of these 4 tires do you recommend the most?

Falken Azenis ST-115
Falken Ziex S/TZ04
Yokohama Avid H4S
Toyo Proxes 4

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What kind of driving will they be for? Is it a dd? Need more info!

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TripeoXxX said:
Spirited Daily driving.
Well....I would say Yokohama Parada Spec 2's maybe.......def. not the Azenis.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You want my opinion? Ok, keep in mind that it is just an opinion.

I don't like Falkens. I hated selling them and generally just hate them. I had more warranty issues with those than the Cooper cheap-ass tires I was selling.

I had a set of Yokohama A008s and I liked those. No unusual warranty issues with those either

Never sold Toyos or owned them.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well if you are goona be in a rainy area, I would say Parada Spec 2s....but if its always gonna be dry then the azenis totally

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I was gonna order the Azenis tonight but I couldn't find them anywhere on the web in the size I wanted: 205/40 17, so I just got the Toyo Proxes 4 on ebay for $380 shipped. They have great reviews, even better reviews than the Azenis.

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I love my Yokos. They are spec 2s. But still.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you do a lot of daily driving and drags here and there. azenis are not the way to go. azenis are made for great handling. but since you do a lot of daily driving, the tires will be gone in less then a year. please the sidewalls are super stiff and they are not even good for draging. get some es100, great all around performance tires that has great threadwear.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anekin007 said:
if you do a lot of daily driving and drags here and there. azenis are not the way to go. azenis are made for great handling. but since you do a lot of daily driving, the tires will be gone in less then a year... .

:werd: Less than a year and you're back at the tire shop bugging the sales guy about how short lived your tires are.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
Kumho 712's
I didn't know they were on the list...
otherwise...

I still wouldn't have picked them...

GirlieGirl

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It depends on whether you have a lead foot, the weather conditions in your area, road conditions, etc.
Personally I would go with a V or Z rated tire for higher rated speeds and a good tread pattern to reduce or eliminate hydroplaning during rainy or wet conditions.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GirlieGirl said:
Personally I would go with a V or Z rated tire for higher rated speeds and a good tread pattern to reduce or eliminate hydroplaning during rainy or wet conditions.
problem is, people don't read and therefore, don't understand speed ratings, also, who's to judge what a good tread pattern is? There aren't very many V speed rated tires that are good in wet weather. Most all-season radials with all weather tread patterns are not V speed rated...