Who uses DYNAMAT?

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hello, i use dynamat on my trunk and on the inside of my doors. and it deffinetly makes a big difference. But seeing how my license plate is on my trunk it still has that rattle to it. i suggest buying rubber washers and taking your plate off, and putting them between your license plate and your trunk. Makes a HUGE difference. But yes dynamat is amazing, but very heavy. There are off brand kind that does the same thing.

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not to jack thread, but who has the best prices for dynamat or other off brand material?

PHAHEEM

I got 36 sq feet of dynamat extreme from amazon.com for $150

PHAHEEM

Applied Dynamat Today...

I got through the left side of my car today - the front and rear doors. Applied Dynamat to the inside of the Outer Skin of the door and what was left of each sheet onto the Inner Skin. I followed the Sound Deadener Showdown examples as best I could.

Once I completed the left side, I took the car for a 20 mile drive. All 4 of my doors have the door panels removed, but only the left side has the Dynamat applied. I wanted to see if I could notice a difference...

I drove both in stop/go traffic and on the freeway.

Either my mind is playing tricks on me, or Dynamat truly is effective. I noticed a considerable difference in the amount of noise coming from the left side of the car vs. the right side. Keep in mind that I've been driving with my door panels off for about a week now (because I changed my door panel inserts).

I'm looking forward to completing the right side, then installing my door panels with the 1" high-density foam I installed on it. I'll keep you guys updated!

On to the pics...

Let them sit in the sun for a few minutes to they soften up:

Doors exposed - this is how I've been driving around the past week while working on my door panel inserts, waiting on my door lock actuators to arrive, and installing the dynamat:

Following the Sound Deadener Showdown examples:

And here's how I applied the remaining Dynamat from each sheet onto the inner skin:

Based on the package I bought, each sheet of Dynamat Extreme was more than enough for one door. Following the examples in Sound Deadener Showdown allows more efficient, effective, and practical use of it.

gnos402

I was just about to tell tjem look at PHAHEEM. Ive helped install on 2 of my friends cars with great results. Did full trunk and lid doors with extra peices like phaheem,and select trouble areas and if you did the floor I think it would cancel alot of the road noise. This also takes a pretty penny to deaden the floor. Though Ive never done the floor!

Last edited:

PHAHEEM

I was just about to tell tjem look at PHAHEEM. Ive helped install on 2 of my friends cars with great results. Did full trunk and lid doors with extra peices like phaheem,and select trouble areas and if you did the floor I think it would cancel alot of the road noise. This also takes a pretty penny to deaden the floor. Though Ive never done the floor!
The floor and ceiling is next! :-)

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
previous owner lined the trunk of my coupe with it.....its a b***h to remove

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I always thought you had to lay the whole thing down to cover everything lol

PHAHEEM

apowerranger

Great White North
hondamaster719 said:
I've been thinking about doing the whole interior of my car in dynamat. Has anyone done this and how did you like it?
the only thing I had a problem with is that it only killed the noise from outside and with the body panels. my actual interior was vibrating all over the place

Posted from Clubcivic.com App for Android

gnos402

Taking care of the interior I just use 1/4 1/2 in foam or the dynamat in select places. I pound the subs turn off interior speakers and listen, its all trial and error. Everyone has different rattles whether it be the trunk, interior panel, licence plate, or as little as change just making noise. Phaheem gave you a very good link, now you need to start there and then when you think your done start to listen. Slowly but surely you get the noise out. Just takes time, no one can tell you exactly where the spots are, unless we were there listening with you.