Who's finally modifying his car! This asian is! Turtle speed "build"(?)

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
new part is awesome...your "incredibly slow build thread" is going pretty well

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:thumbs up

new part is awesome...your "incredibly slow build thread" is going pretty well
Thanks.

It's about to slow down to pretty much nothing soon lol. Besides the obvious engine and wheels, I'm pretty much happy with how my car is now. The only things left I want are Recaro's and a CTR sway + ASR brace. Seats won't come until WAY later because I can't justify spending $800+ for just seats. Sway bar will hopefully be within a few months.

Other than that, I'll have to come up with ideas for small mods here and there. I got a few in mind but I'm seriously done spending for now.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wheel installed! Pics up on page 1!

I love it :thumbup:. But is the bottom of the airbag / horn supposed to have that big of a gap? Looks awkward... Oh well. Time to head out. I'm gonna enjoy driving this car now :lol:.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yup. The only pita was the OEM steering wheel has torx head screws holding it on (s2k had 10mm nuts). So I had to go buy a 30 to get it out :???:. But I found out you're better off using a torx head socket rather than a screwdriver. I hammered a 24mm onto the end of the screwdriver and it worked :rolf:. Then it's just unplug plugs, remove 19mm nut holding the wheel down, rubber mallet the b***h off (mine was stuck on REALLY hard), and reverse steps with new wheel.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have an em2 wheel and i was kinna scared when I took of the airbag the first time lol, but it is really easy...probably a 5-10 minute job. Torx head screws are a b***h at first...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have an em2 wheel and i was kinna scared when I took of the airbag the first time lol, but it is really easy...probably a 5-10 minute job. Torx head screws are a b***h at first...
Yeah I was EXTREMELY careful with the air bag. I was so paranoid that it was going to go off and shoot in my face or blow my arm off.

S2K wheel is lookin good.
Looks great man! I like the S2K wheel.
Thanks guys! :thumbs up.

And LOL, I completely forgot that my Benen polished rear tow hook was coming today. It came while I was at work and I just looked outside the front door and what do you know, there the package was, sitting on the porch. It's been sitting out there for almost 6 hours now :lol:. I'm surprised no one stole it once it got dark. My mom must have not have looked outside the front door when she got home from work. But oh my it's insanely big :shock:. I never thought it'd be so big. But it's so shiny ;). Pics on page 1!

Also, I think I'm gonna look into security next...

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah I was EXTREMELY careful with the air bag. I was so paranoid that it was going to go off and shoot in my face or blow my arm off.
Yeah you can never under estimate those things. When I was at the Fire Academy we did a motor vehicle drills and such. My instructor took the airbag out of the car and rigged it up so he could set it off from a safe distance. He put a 5 gallon bucket ontop of it and I sat on it while he set it off. It shot me about 18' off the ground! He was trying to get across the point of how powerful the damm things are. Scary s**t, especially when working on your car

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah you can never under estimate those things. When I was at the Fire Academy we did a motor vehicle drills and such. My instructor took the airbag out of the car and rigged it up so he could set it off from a safe distance. He put a 5 gallon bucket ontop of it and I sat on it while he set it off. It shot me about 18' off the ground! He was trying to get across the point of how powerful the damm things are. Scary s**t, especially when working on your car
Yeah I've seen video's of that. My friends brother did the same thing except no one sat on the bucket. Dangerous s**t. Once I unplugged the SRS plug, I felt fine though. I literally just tossed it down on the passenger side and went to work on my AP1 wheel :rolf:. My AP1 wheel doesn't have a horn though :(. But I could care less. I never use it anyways.

Forgot my benen tow hook came in LOL. Sat in the freezing cold on my porch for damn near 6-7 hours.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ap1 wheel looks pretty sweet. why doesn't the horn work?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There's no connector for it :lol:. Only had a connector for the SRS.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
No horn? As in no connection for one or it doesn't work even though it is connected.

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmm...I'm thinking about getting one of those tow hooks too. I'm thinking about polished too but I don't know.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hmm...I'm thinking about getting one of those tow hooks too. I'm thinking about polished too but I don't know.
I definitely think a polished rear tow hook (even maybe a front one too) will go well with your polished wheels :thumbup:. Just a thought.

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That is if I ever plan on finishing polishing my other two meshies. Maybe. Are you going to put that tow hook on anytime soon? Or are you going to let it sit in your room for awhile like the Benen bar did. :D

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That is if I ever plan on finishing polishing my other two meshies. Maybe. Are you going to put that tow hook on anytime soon? Or are you going to let it sit in your room for awhile like the Benen bar did. :D
My buddy is comin back to town tomorrow to chill after I get out of class and he wants me and another buddy to go down to college /w him to party and hit up some clubs. I MIGHT have time to put it on tomorrow and get some pics of it before I head out for the weekend. If not, it'll be on Sunday for sure.