Why did i start this on a Monday?

LiveEj6

Monday morning i was driving to work noticing my headlights were aimed just a little low for my liking. after a long day at work i thought this wont tale long :lol:, i started taking parts here and there off. grille, bumper lights and before you know it this happened.

I was really inspired by CHILD's EK thread. i always wanted to start this every time i tried to i got overwhelmed, so i jumped into it!

Before

Left harness tucked lost motivation Tuesday and stopped after only about an hour of fiddling around.

While i was at it i decided to reroute my Sub power wire.

Noticed i needed to remove the dash :cry:

Picked back up today. My battery tray was horribly rusted and had acid all over it from the previous battery, i had a buddy at work sand blast it and then repainted it :D.

Tada!

Im going to simple green the bay tomorrow and the battery tray is still drying.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cool, good job, everything still work like it should? everything that got moved inside secured well?

LiveEj6

cool, good job, everything still work like it should? everything that got moved inside secured well?
Yeah everything went well i only had to extend four wires, i taped and wrapped all wired. moved some grounds and rearranged the harness. really not as hard as i thought it would be, but im glad its over. it took a little bit of time because this is the first tuk I've ever done.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i considered tucking mine at one point but got to thinking that with the way i want to use the car in the end result... id rather junk be in its stock location for easy access lol

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks really good :thumbs up. Having no P/S, A/C, and cruise control is already a huge start to a good tuck too.

I want to do this with my car this spring. All I want to do is relocate the fuse box / battery and pull A/C. At that point all I have to do is start moving wires. I've already done minor things like flipped the fuel injectors, etc.

LiveEj6

Looks really good :thumbs up. Having no P/S, A/C, and cruise control is already a huge start to a good tuck too.

I want to do this with my car this spring. All I want to do is relocate the fuse box / battery and pull A/C. At that point all I have to do is start moving wires. I've already done minor things like flipped the fuel injectors, etc.
Thanks, yeah the A/C was gone a long time ago ripped everything out. it was nice not having to fight with all that too.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good start. Why'd you pull the dash out?? I never pulled mine out and I basically did a full tuck

LiveEj6

Good start. Why'd you pull the dash out?? I never pulled mine out and I basically did a full tuck
I pulled the dash because i ran the left side harness through the firewall and behind the fan box it was a little hard to get to. and it made everything a lot easier on me.

LiveEj6

On another note after a long day at work and going to the gym after that i lost all motivation to clean my bay. Maybe this weekend but i have coils, camber kits and front end bushings to install we'll see!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i like my ac, power steering ect too much to do that s**t.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where did you run the driver harness that goes to the motor and not down the side? ive debating where to run that along with the engine harness

LiveEj6

where did you run the driver harness that goes to the motor and not down the side? ive debating where to run that along with the engine harness
In this photo you can see it runs up under the break reservoir through the hole where the wiper motor wires were. i also put the break fluid level wires through there.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah little guy was hiding, damn i tucked the wires running into there so you wouldnt see the wiper motor lines and i just cut the brake fluid lines. hmm guess ill find a spot when i swap

LiveEj6

ah little guy was hiding, damn i tucked the wires running into there so you wouldnt see the wiper motor lines and i just cut the brake fluid lines. hmm guess ill find a spot when i swap
Yeah i noticed the wiper wires and had to take that black cover off to see what i could do. found out i could move the main engine harness as well, so i went for it!