why does my car only blow hot air?

phil946

97 hatchback dx
even when I put it to cold air with the a/c on it still blows hot air. ideas?

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
you could need your AC recharged. they sell the kits at autozone. id suggest emptying it and then fill it back up with fresh freon.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
or your a/c compressor is dead and or you need a new ac belt

Renegade92

I am having the same issues with my Civic it is a 98 EX. I have bought the High and Low recharge kit and the 23.5 oz that the civic takes no dice.

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had the same problem and mine was the temp slider on my climate controls was not moving the lever. so i went to the firewall manually changed it and boom. idk if its the same problem but thought id share my insight so u dont replace a bunch of stuff like me. i would assume wd40 would work im just lazy

ekhatchback

same issues here 95 civic ex blows warm air during the day but at night it gets colder.. not super cold but cool.. i had a guy check it out with his gauges.. and the pressure was way high.. so he let some pressure out.. and it seem to work ok but then it went back to blowing warm air.. no leaks compressor works and the clutch kicks in.. could this be the EXPANSION VALVE? ALSO WHAT ARE THE SPECS FOR PRESSURE OR OZ OF FREEON IT SHOULD HAVE? IM A DOUCHE WHEN IT COMES TO AC STUFF