Why don't people leave voicemails?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Am I the only person that gets annoyed with this? More specifically with people that are not in your contact list. It just annoys me when someone not in my contact list calls and doesn't leave a voicemail. The only exception I can think of is when I have made previous arrangements with someone earlier in the day / week and I am calling that person to confirm something, ask them where they are (in a parking lot, etc.), etc.

I just had someone call and he/she didn't leave a message. Like wtf... If you're calling me, you obviously want something. Wrong numbers, I'll completely understand. But still...if I thought I was calling someone (when I wasn't since it's a wrong number but I wouldn't know that) and they didn't pick up, I would still leave a voicemail or shoot them a text afterwards telling them to return my call when they get a chance.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. I don't get it.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd say people leaving unimportant voicemails is a pet peeve of mine. I really don't have many people not on my contact list calling me though.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd say people calling/txting me in general is a pet peeve

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
john making threads every other day on stuff thats pointless is a pet peeve

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:rolf:

I find it a pet peeve when people DO leave me a vmail. Seriously, I hate talking on the phone, just send me a text. Thank goodness I use Google Voice, so if they leave a vmail the msg is texted and emailed to me.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Seriously, I hate talking on the phone, just send me a text. .
You b***h and moan when I DON'T call you :twisted:

Anyway, I don't mind voicemails. If someone calls to shoot the sh*t and doesn't leave a voicemail, no biggie. If it's important, at least clue me in as to what you're calling about.

emerican

Registered VIP
no body leaves me one and i average about 5 missed calls a day. Its always cause it aint important s**t so no need to leave a voicemail and i agree with lownslow97 i really perfer to just txt unless its important.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't lie. You're just waiting for me to post another picture of my turtleneck and kitty. I know you want it.

:lol:

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You b**** and moan when I DON'T call you :twisted:

Anyway, I don't mind voicemails. If someone calls to shoot the sh*t and doesn't leave a voicemail, no biggie. If it's important, at least clue me in as to what you're calling about.
I absolutely do NOT. I b***h and moan when you DO call me, but don't talk, and you KNOW THIS IS TRUE!!

I can so see it. You're lazy w/ the phone calls...you're prolly lazy in bed too. OH SNAP

andrew2siik

EG8 rollin' & OH reppin'
i'd rather be left a not be left with a voicemail then receive a text from someone who cannot type a sentence.

like with craigslist buyers

"ayyY yo i calld u t0 bye ur *insert product here* call me bck k"

and after stumbling through that gauntlet of mess, i don't even both returning their call.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would rather someone leave a VM than not. I don't answer the phone if the number isn't in my phone so if there isn't a VM you aren't getting called back. If a friend doesn't leave one, chances are I will text them back since I hate being on the phone.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'd rather be left a not be left with a voicemail then receive a text from someone who cannot type a sentence.

like with craigslist buyers

"ayyY yo i calld u t0 bye ur *insert product here* call me bck k"

and after stumbling through that gauntlet of mess, i don't even both returning their call.
says the guy who didnt spell bother

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
OP what is wrong with you voice mails are fking annoying and I hate it when people leave them. Phones have caller ID, I got the call, I got your number Ill call you back when I get a chance. I dont need a voicemail of you telling me youre scratching your balls and for me to call you back, I know im going to call you back.

yes, im mad.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd say people leaving unimportant voicemails is a pet peeve of mine. I really don't have many people not on my contact list calling me though.
I am with you.. I would rather NOT have voicemail.. it would be far better than listening to...

"hey it is just so and so from work.. nothing really important going on.. I just wanted to let you know it was a little busier today.. give me a call if you get a chance.."

so I ignored the call because I knew it was BS..
then I get that annoying beep telling me that the person I just ignored opted to leave me a message..

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To some of my friends that I know hate VM's like myself, I'll intentionally leave a long pointless one of me rambling. They get so mad..hehehe

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
leaving a voicemail is annoying. i never leave one, never have, never will. unless its an emergency to my immediate family