wierd noise?!?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sounds like it's just vibrations/rattling of certain parts.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:smoking1: :Blur:

ashtrey634

5+ Year Member
yea all my mounts are good. i didnt hear it today tho for some reason and no im not on drugs lol

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe you got mice!!!! take the cluster out and leave it plugged in and take it for a spin, maybe you will see a short of something.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hmm i think ive heard this before...sounds the the tranny fairy...

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cheezeonmakneez said:
Maybe you got mice!!!! take the cluster out and leave it plugged in and take it for a spin, maybe you will see a short of something.
This s**t does happen, and it only takes a few days of your car being parked. I know I had some try and nest in my exhaust a few years back when I went on vacation. Came back, my car made this wierd noise, hoped out and I saw all these little mice running for thier lives. I kinda flet bad, but not really.

ashtrey634

5+ Year Member
i took cheezeonmakneez 's advice about the cluster and i didnt see a shortage anywhere. i did notice tho that the sparkle sound only happens when i put more force on the gas pedal. and i was wrong before. it does happen in every gear but only for a couple seconds or so when i press the gas harder.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
By any chance is it louder when the outside temp is rather cold? My old 90 probe made a weird noise and it was the clutch release bearing (throwout bearing). Another possibility is the imput shaft bearing. On my old d series tranny it started off like a funky bearing that needed to be greased. After a few months the noise was horrible. It ended up being the imput shaft bearing. Hopefully this is not the case for you though.

ashtrey634

5+ Year Member
nah it sounds the same whether hot or cold. my friend said it could be the vtec lol.l i know its not the vtec. vtec doesnt sound like that and vtec doesnt kick in until like 5500 rpms. i just hear the sound whenever i put more pressure on the gas and it only lasts for like 5 seconds tops.

ashtrey634

5+ Year Member
yea it makes the noise for a couple seconds while i press harder on the gas then it goes away. it does it about every time i press on the gas to accelerate.

Blue_EF

5+ Year Member
maybe its your belt making a noise..i hear noises when accelorating too from there

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not if it was a pulley or even the idler puller for the timing belt. The easiest way to check the idler pulley is to pull the top timing cover and see if theres nasty rub marks on your timing belt.

ashtrey634

5+ Year Member
nah the belt actually looks pretty clean for a 10 year old. i couldnt see a scratch or any markings on it.

my cuzin just bought a stock 99 ex coupe today with 67k miles and it makes the same sound as what im talking about. mine is a 97 with 83k.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hell I dunno then. Too bad your far or I would come just to hear it make the noise.