Wifes car front end swap

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So im curious as to what all i would need to pick up to swap my wifes front end on her 94 4 door lx to a 96+ front. Some lady hit her fender and it cracked the bumper so was thinkn
Of doin full front swap.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I google'd a lot of it but it's more common to do a '99-00 front end conversion, so try searching that.

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think its a lot of custom work more than just bolting on the 6gen parts. If you're into doing that sort of thing go for it, but it'd be a lot easier/cheaper to just replace the fender and bumper with the same parts

Bramblerose12

There is too much room for error when swapping parts for an older vehicle to newer ones, I would recommend getting a front end with specs for her car. Though it can be done you could run into fitment issues which would cause more trouble then it's worth.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So im curious as to what all i would need to pick up to swap my wifes front end on her 94 4 door lx to a 96+ front. Some lady hit her fender and it cracked the bumper so was thinkn
Of doin full front swap.

It's some fab work, the 92-95 is much different than the 96-98/99-00.
You need the whole front end (hood, Radiator support, fenders, bumper, grill, headlamps) from either a 96-98 or 99-00. Don't mix and match these, they don't work together. You'll need to cut the radiator support out of your car, cut your sedan fenders in half, and using the back half, mating them to the fronts half of the 96-98 or 99-00 fenders.

Also the 92-95 sedan front end differs from the 92-95 coupe/hatch.
Which is much easier of a swap than going to the later model Civic.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it would be easier to just do coupe/hatch front end