Will these pads fit my calipers?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Neither link works.

Just spend the money and get OEM pads, that way there is NO question about if they should fit or not.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
cheap and brakes don't mix. I suggest going with a name-brand part. hawk, akebono, brembo, honda...

tirerack.com will show you what fits your civic. you either have 8" or 10" front rotors, so there arent too many options for pad sizes

SkItZo666

Whoops, my bad, here are the links....
http://www.jnbk-brakes.com/catalogue/cars/brake/1700/PN8206

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310347143201&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

I am trying to get oem/honda pads, however, because i live in australia there is an instant 200% mark up on the pads (US price for the pads $50, australian price for the pads $200)
When i say im trying to get cheap pads, i mean pads cheaper than what i would pay retail :P

Im asking about the part number so that i know the oem part will fit my car, I called/spoke to a honda rep here but he wasnt willing to talk about the part numbers for the pads (To prevent me from doing something like this so he can make his $$ im assuming)

According to the top link, the part number will fit my car, the ebay link is for pads that fit the model number,

Once again, thanks for the help

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dannng $200US for an axle set of pads?! I wish I could help more, but being that your civic probably follows JDM specs I don't have much info to give you. Good luck though

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would suggest going to your neighborhood auto store and getting them from there just my 0.02

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would suggest going to your neighborhood auto store and getting them from there just my 0.02
This. If you're just DD'ing they will work fine. Don't get the cheapos though. I can't tell you how many horror stories I heard when I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts with the $15.00 pads.... Yikes!

Just get the mid-grade. Something like the semi-metallics are ceramics will do just fine.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
did you guys miss the part about 200% markup on pads where he lives? he wants to order them online and pay a normal price. he's trying to verify the part numbers...

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you guys miss the part about 200% markup on pads where he lives? he wants to order them online and pay a normal price. he's trying to verify the part numbers...
:oops:
My understanding was he was talking about getting pads from Honda. Not aftermarket equivalents.
And I would look here at my dealership now but we can't access foreign car parts. Sorry :(

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but being that your civic probably follows JDM specs I don't have much info to give you.
It's not anything different or something we don't have here in the US.
EK1 GLi, is the Australian equivalent to our 96-00 Dx/Lx models, 1.6l non vtec.

Does the 200% markup you talked about apply to your local auto parts store?
If not, you may want to just check out your local parts store and pick up some good ceramic pads.

SkItZo666

My local auto store doesnt have ANY db1163 pads and would have to order them in, the CHEAPEST option are still $80 inc shipping to the store, Ahhh the joys of living in the ass end of the world :P

SkItZo666

Awesome, after a few hours trawling the interwebs i have discovered this bit of information:
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1024818
[FAQ] What parts are interchangeable for all 92-00 Civics?
Brake pads with shims (get the genuine honda ones) (92-95 EX/SI, 96-00 DelSol Vtec, 96-00 EX, 99-00 Si, Integra 94-00)

Thanks again for all the help/suggestions guys :D

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My local auto store doesnt have ANY db1163 pads and would have to order them in, the CHEAPEST option are still $80 inc shipping to the store, Ahhh the joys of living in the ass end of the world :P
:( That blows kiddo, I'm sorry.

I would still do that rather than order eBay...