Window off track help?

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So when I was driving I lowered my windows then I put them up and it stopped in the middle. Then i realized that the window went off track. So I was wondering how I could fix it, any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my Galaxy S-Triple

gugiey

Registered VIP
You take the door panel off and put it back on the track

Like 3 screws for the door panel then it will pop up and off .

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There's a screw behind the inside door handle and one on the little cubby space next to the window switch. After those are off you can disconnect the lock cylinder and window module and remove them. Next you pop off the speaker cover and remove the three screws, they are in the screw holes in the door panel. You do not have to remove the actual speaker. Next pop off the tweeter in the front corner of the window. You do not have to disconnect it but you can if it makes it easier. Now you can pop off the door panel. Start at the bottom and pull it. You should hear the clips poppin out the holes. You may notice some of them broke they tend to do that. Now on to the fun part. Reconnect the window module and put the window all the way down. You should be able to see a screw thru the hole at the bottom of the door. You will need a 10mm socket to remove the screw. There is also another screw towards the front of the door that holds the window to the track remove that one to. Now pull the window up out of the door and place it on something soft and please don't brake it because then you are screwed. Now get something to lube the track like windex or silicone spray. Also get some kind of grease and lube the tracks of the bracket that the window rides on.( you should be able to see the little wheels that ride along the tracks of the braket). Now is also a good time to clean any dirt out of the window or anything else that can cause this from happening again. If you think you have done a good job cleaning grab the window and slide it back in making sure you keep the front of the window in the track, slowly lower it making sure it goes in smoothly. Line the bottom of the window up with the holes that hold the window to the bracket that moves the window up and down. Make sure you tighten them good. Test the window to make sure it rides in the track smoothly and re-lube it to ensure a nice smooth fit. Once everything is working properly you can reinstall the door panel and and then reconnect the window switch and lock module. Don't forget to put the screws back and test the window again and you are back in business. It is also a good idea to lube the tracks every now and then to prevent this from happening.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ Found the one in the cubby next to the window switch but now the one behind the door handle.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It wouldn't be a 6th gen if the windows didn't come off the tracks :lol:

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ Found the one in the cubby next to the window switch but now the one behind the door handle.

Pull the latch to open the door.The screw it behind the handel you are pulling.

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
While you have it off, lubricate the rubber tracks with (I used) Liquid Wrench Silicon Spray, the yellow spray can.

Did that about 6 months ago and my windows have been fine since.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
While you have it off, lubricate the rubber tracks with (I used) Liquid Wrench Silicon Spray, the yellow spray can.

Did that about 6 months ago and my windows have been fine since.
This. I was problem free for years with my civic after lubricating the window tracks with silicone spray :thumbs up. I used a Dupont spray that had Teflon

Last edited:

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It wouldn't be a 6th gen if the windows didn't come off the tracks :lol:
This. I hate my 6th gen. These cars are pieces of s**t. Sorry to those of you that love them. They are just built so poorly.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This. I hate my 6th gen. These cars are pieces of s***. Sorry to those of you that love them. They are just built so poorly.
I couldn't disagree more actually. Besides the window thing, and a leaky oil pan, my 6th gen was great. Compare it to a domestic model coupe of the same year...

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This. I hate my 6th gen. These cars are pieces of s***. Sorry to those of you that love them. They are just built so poorly.
no yours is just in bad shape. My last car was MINT to the "T"

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mine is mint as well because I think this is the first time its happened to my car and it has 211k on it. Maybe the one you had was just s**t.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I couldn't disagree more actually. Besides the window thing, and a leaky oil pan, my 6th gen was great. Compare it to a domestic model coupe of the same year...
no yours is just in bad shape. My last car was MINT to the "T"
Mine is mint as well because I think this is the first time its happened to my car and it has 211k on it. Maybe the one you had was just s***.

Mine is complete s**t. I have been back and forth on wanting to put money into it, but it's a huge money pit. It's a salvage title, needs suspension, paint, headliner is thrashed, already replaced header, intake, cat is bad, needs 02 sensor, clutch is going out. I'm just over it. I had an Integra prior, and it just seems they were built better. Even my old EG Coupe seemed to be built better. It was definitely a mistake buying this car (I should have held out and found a much cleaner EJ, particularly considering I spent friggin $3k on this pile of s**t), but I was in a hurry. Lesson learned for sure haha.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Holy **** I bought mine for 2600 and it was super clean on the inside, considering it had 205k.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's a salvage title, .
there is your problem right there, dont buy junk and you wont have issues. Mine is in mint shape bought it in perfect condition and it is flawless. You get what you pay for and dont make a biased rant on something that was due to poor decision making skills lol

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1146.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fo527%2Fnirvana131217%2FVID_20120914_083826.mp4">

http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o527/nirvana131217/?action=view&current=VID_20120914_083826.mp4

I think I am having the same issue as you. can you confirm?
Yea your window is off track

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there is your problem right there, dont buy junk and you wont have issues. Mine is in mint shape bought it in perfect condition and it is flawless. You get what you pay for and dont make a biased rant on something that was due to poor decision making skills lol
This isn't a biased rant based on poor decision making skills. I shouldn't have bought this car, this is true, but that doesn't change the fact that they are built like s**t. I had to replace both power window motors and rails because they failed. The entire inside of the car is noisy as hell when driving (this has nothing to due with the title. It was salvaged due to theft. All that was stolen was motor/trans/wiring harness), I had the infamous leaky seals in sunroof, the single cam in it is absolutely gutless (yes, single cams are crap, but the d16z6 in my EG seemed to pick up a lot more). I could go on, but there's no point.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1146.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fo527%2Fnirvana131217%2FVID_20120914_083826.mp4">

http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o527/nirvana131217/?action=view&current=VID_20120914_083826.mp4

I think I am having the same issue as you. can you confirm?
Exactly the same issue.