wire tuck diy sites

Vtec Missing

Does anyone know any DIY sites for a headlights wire tuck or know how to do it and can tell me what to do.
need something to do this weekend and this is the only thing i can think of right now.
99 civic lx

ferret15

I wouldn't say i've seen a true easy DIY on any site(they are there but its different with every car). Its more of an art that some people are very good at. Head lights are usually run behind/under the fender. Check to see if you have enough wire to just move it, many people have to extend or shorten wires when they are moved so be prepared to solder and heat shrink.

So have at it and show us what you come up with.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check honda-tech.

Theres a million page wire tuck and shaved bag thread over there...

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you clearly didnt try searching

and there is no one way to do it, you just have to go for it. its not hard, just time consuming

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you clearly didnt try searching

and there is no one way to do it, you just have to go for it. its not hard, just time consuming
:word:

Keep in mind that you do trade some accessibility for show.
Just google " (your car here) wire tuck"
or "(your car here) headlight wire tuck" I guarantee you you'll find a TON of information.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Just google " (your car here) wire tuck"
or "(your car here) headlight wire tuck" I guarantee you you'll find a TON of information.
if you do it correctly though, you can learn how to pin point where things are and you learn the wiring of the car very well

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you do it correctly though, you can learn how to pin point where things are and you learn the wiring of the car very well
Yep doing my wire tuck myself I knew exactly where to look for any problem. Wire tucks are pretty easy. Get creative

jdmstyleEJ8

Registered VIP
Did mine myself too. Without a thread. Just trace the wires you want tucked, relocate, solder, and Boom, a tasty mildy tucked bay. lol my gf did the soldering too. youll figure it out. GL

ferret15

In the sense that most ditch the a/c, ps, cruise control? Because I haven't find myself not using that except in rare occasion when i probably should be driving anyway. Otherwise cleaning up your wiring harness might just aid to the longevity of your cars electrical system especially if your adding dielectric grease to every connection. Some of it may be a little extreme but it appears the individuals that can do the best wire tucks have no problem with getting their hands a little dirty. Plus to consider that some of the conversion that our done could be spliced into to the system a little better, why not take the time to make it look clean.

sonicgroovesi

just started tucking my wife's 96 ex. most of the simple tucks were already done by someone previous. so i decided to move the engine compartment fuse box inside. i have to figure out where id prefer the battery cause with that still there moving the fuse box just doesn't look worth the time and effort

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Either get a small one and hide it behind the bumper or relocate it to the back.