Wiring Help

EGmike909

I have a 98 Hatch Dx. Recently swapped to a D16y8 with harness and ecu. I’m aware I have to wire in the secondary o2 sensor. My question/concern is my Y7 has 2 wire connecters on the driver side near the brake booster and the Y8 harness only has one connected there. Do I need to be concerned about the other connector? Does anyone know what it’s for? No connectors on my Y8 harness are unconnected.

Fixed

Last edited:

EGmike909

Ok I figured it out. Turns out the harness and ecu was from 00 civic. Swapped over to a 98 harness and ecu. With just the headers on and no o2 sensors installed or connected the car starts then stumbles and dies. Now it just cranks. Would the O2 sensors not being plugged in have this effect or am I missing something.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
02 sensors will not make it fail to start. First things first, check spark, fuel press then compression. From there it can be tricky, map sensor, crank sensor etc..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

EGmike909

After a few hours isolated it to the coil in the dizzy. Swapped it from an old one I had and it ran. Is there any downsize to running a non v dizzy?

EGmike909

Ok. Got it running. Now I have to extended the front o2 sensor and wire in the rear O2 sensor. Get a catalytic converter and cut back the exhaust