Wondering why ricers do this

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't see a roof rack as jdm. I just think they look clean, and I like clean cars

UncleHonrod

2 time Civic owner
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How about this, I dont care about a scene nor stereotypes involved or associated with it in any way shape or form. Furthermore it wouldn't really matter if this was on an american vehicle or not I would have still brought it up because it's (in MY opinion) nonsense. I dont "modify" or "tune" my car based off of any label like "oh s*** son my car is straight jdm blah blah blah" I strictly do it based off my own taste with no outside influence needed. Not that I need to prove anything at all to you btw just thought I should inform you. And yes my parents are very proud seeing as how im in medical school and a war veteran.....

Wait... didn't someone say if its their money and their taste then who cares? Besides you....

Sounds like your arguing with yourself now.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont care about....stereotypes...in any way shape or form.
No? Did you not start a tread about roof racks on cars being rice? That's not a stereotype or anything.

I said I was done but you are making it too easy.

Sooooo, because you didn't see someone with a rack using it at that exact moment, it means they don't use it for its intended purpose? Or in your eyes are they only supposed to have it on there when they fully need it? Your logic is flawed. I have never seen you at the track, does that mean that you are lying about using your suspension and "performance" mods at the track? I know it isn't possible based on location, I am just using it as an example to show your ridiculous argument.

You said that you are able to take corners fast because your suspension is low. Do you take EVERY corner to its limit because of said suspension just as you are saying that for a person to run a rack they need to use it every time it is on the car?

If you are going to throw an opinion out and argue a side, please have your facts straight and consistent.

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I want a roof rack, if I can convince my wife to let me buy a new kayak. It will be a kayak rack.

I'm not ricer, I'm Capitan awesome!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Keep up the smack talk, good way for an infraction or ban. Let's play nice.

And moved to off topic.

How about this, I dont care about a scene nor stereotypes involved or associated with it in any way shape or form. Furthermore it wouldn't really matter if this was on an american vehicle or not I would have still brought it up because it's (in MY opinion) nonsense. I dont "modify" or "tune" my car based off of any label like "oh s*** son my car is straight jdm blah blah blah" I strictly do it based off my own taste with no outside influence needed.
And that's exactly how people with roof racks are modifying their cars. You are no different from anyone else. Someone else may think you're just some fanboy jumping on a trendwagon too. You have to remember that not everyone sees the same way you do. Not everyone knows why you do the things you do. What you're saying now, someone else could say about you.

Exactly what I was thinking. Contradicting yourself like loooool.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
*shrug* I have a roof rack for kayaks and bikes. We use ours constantly. So much so, that the clips that go into the roof molding are wearing out haha. I can understand why people are like "DAFUKK" when they are plopped on cars and not used, but hey, to each their own. No reason to get bent outta shape. The only thing that really irritates me about ricers is that their parents will buy them CLEAN EM1's, and they'll destroy them/blow the motor, and swap it for a shitty b20b. Then try to sell it for 8k because it's a damn EM1.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, I don't care for the way they look even if they ARE used constantly. But I don't hate because of a nonsense accessory. Tow hooks are total garbage too but like everybody is saying, its a free country.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I pay zero attention to other cars on the road except for who is behind me and in front of me.

I have a Hondata tuned H22 swap (did myself), tucked bay, complete suspension, ASR brace and 24mm sway bar, and a s*** load more mods,BUT I have NEVER gone to the track before. Never even went to "just watch".

Does that bother you OP? lol

Done right, a bike rack can look good.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just so it's known - this thread is a step away from being locked up. Keep it civil.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rice...

Wait, that's mine! :ohsnap:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just so it's known - this thread is a step away from being locked up. Keep it civil.
Personally, as an active member of the community, I don't see this thread going anywhere. Just pointless arguing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Billy you're such a ricer.....

But I wanted those wheels BADLY. Still do actually. They'd make nice winter wheels ;).

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Winter wheels?!

:slap:

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

I agree, it's dumb if you don't use it and 99% of people don't. It's just like tow hooks, people just love to accessorize like crazy.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

but while you are here have a laugh