Work Issues...

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok so heres the deal. I had this job a few weeks ago working for this spa company near my house. I built hot tubs and did construction work for them. Job paid $7/hr to start, would go up to $10/hr after a month. I thought it was a cool job til I really got to know the owner of the company. Turns out this man was not only rich and greedy... go figure, but he was one of the biggest racists I have ever met. Im sorry but I may have southern roots but if there is one thing my parents taught me it was to never judge someone b y race, ethnicity, etc... etc... So anyway After about a week and a half of working there I really just couldn't take it anymore so I quit and told him to mail me my paycheck. Quitting was not a problem cause I also have another job. So money was not an issue. I just got sick of hearing all the racial comments... The boss also had a tendancy to call the employees retards... I don't understand why people are this way but It just really annoys me. Now the worst part is its been like 2 weeks and I still have no paycheck from them. i call them and they keep giving me excuses. Well now my mom who is getting pissed off cause my bills are due calls them up.... They claimed I only worked one day and its not worth paying me for that day. So Im stuck without a paycheck and need money.... comments? criticism? I really dont care if you think I was wrong for quitting. I just needed to vent....

Cliifs:
Started new job
Boss was a racist a*****e
Worked for a little over a week and a half
Quit because I cant stand racial slurs
now they wont give me my paycheck

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I live in the south.. I deal with racists daily.. I'm white, but one of my best friends is black.. and well, I still get dirty looks..

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, while you quit a job, i got a promotion at mine

"V"

16-0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
lol, while you quit a job, i got a promotion at mine
ass :lol:

"V"

16-0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
couldn't you report him to the BBB or some s**t like that?

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
Dude about the "only worked one day, not worth paying" part.

It doesnt matter if you worked ONE HOUR, legally if you were on the clock they have to pay you for your time by law. Now the question is how far do you want to get into legal issues over that paycheck if the need comes?

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whtcivic93 said:
Dude about the "only worked one day, not worth paying" part.

It doesnt matter if you worked ONE HOUR, legally if you were on the clock they have to pay you for your time by law. Now the question is how far do you want to get into legal issues over that paycheck if the need comes?
Im filing a claim with the department of labor about it cause they refuse to give it up. I'll also be making a call to OSHA for them to run some investigations.... lets just say this business is f**kED

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have the mentality that if someone screws you overs....you take them for everything theyre worth. start posting signs around his area of business advertising hes a racist and i am sure youll have your money in no time.

Milano01

Old School CC.com'er
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i live in va but its not really the south but it is. i'm mixed and my gf is white so i get alotta looks from both sides lol. but seriously dude, you have the right to take it to court. because they ARE a business and i'm sure you signed some sorta contract it goes with the Labor Law and OSHA so if it gets worse i would contact both the state labor agency and OSHA and talk about this. Also i would write down every day you worked and time so you can go back and tell them about it. BY law they have to do it or they can be taken out of business. i've seen it before and it really changes business like that.

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Assess the situation and how much you want to pursue it... you have to pick your battles.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
DaGFTDOne said:
Ok so heres the deal. I had this job a few weeks ago working for this spa company near my house. I built hot tubs and did construction work for them. Job paid $7/hr to start, would go up to $10/hr after a month. I thought it was a cool job til I really got to know the owner of the company. Turns out this man was not only rich and greedy... go figure, but he was one of the biggest racists I have ever met. Im sorry but I may have southern roots but if there is one thing my parents taught me it was to never judge someone b y race, ethnicity, etc... etc... So anyway After about a week and a half of working there I really just couldn't take it anymore so I quit and told him to mail me my paycheck. Quitting was not a problem cause I also have another job. So money was not an issue. I just got sick of hearing all the racial comments... The boss also had a tendancy to call the employees retards... I don't understand why people are this way but It just really annoys me. Now the worst part is its been like 2 weeks and I still have no paycheck from them. i call them and they keep giving me excuses. Well now my mom who is getting pissed off cause my bills are due calls them up.... They claimed I only worked one day and its not worth paying me for that day. So Im stuck without a paycheck and need money.... comments? criticism? I really dont care if you think I was wrong for quitting. I just needed to vent....

Cliifs:
Started new job
Boss was a racist a*****e
Worked for a little over a week and a half
Quit because I cant stand racial slurs
now they wont give me my paycheck
what the f**k?

anyways, if you quit by law they have 24 hours to pay you everything on that pay period, you need to have a print out of your hours work, that way you can have proof in court, how many hours do they owe you for?

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**k those racist f**ks!

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rei said:
f**k those racist f**ks!

Werd, I've started to spread the word around about them being racists.... its working quite well actually considering I know half of their clients :D

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Voltio said:
couldn't you report him to the BBB or some s**t like that?
they wont do anything for like a year, because they will claim to be backed up or someshit. then if they actually do something, it will be a slap on the wrist. the better business bureau doesnt do s**t

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DaGFTDOne said:
Werd, I've started to spread the word around about them being racists.... its working quite well actually considering I know half of their clients :D
good job....go stand with a sign outside their place of business till they pay you...its a protest so they cant do anything.

schutzracing

#1 ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha honey tubs blows!!!.. anyway.. if they called u a retard then u could take them to court for it. my friend just got 35k because someone at wallmart called him a retard lol.. dude we should go up there tonight and post up some signs lol..