Workout Question

whitey53005

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So since I've never really had to workout in my life because my metabolism is very high right now and I can't really seem to gain any weight by just eating I made the new years resolution to start working out. I wasn't having much success googling a good workout for myself and was wondering if I could get some input from everyone. I'm looking to build my upper body mostly since I still play soccer and my legs and so forth are still pretty defined. I'm 5'9" and weight around 135lbs. My only other issue is that I broke both bones in my left arm about 2 years ago and still have a plate and six screws in that arm. If anyone could provide me with a good workout plan I would definitely appreciate that. Thank you.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^^

Check out that thread for sure.

AggreSHun

Switchback!
5+ Year Member
So since I've never really had to workout in my life because my metabolism is very high right now and I can't really seem to gain any weight by just eating I made the new years resolution to start working out. I wasn't having much success googling a good workout for myself and was wondering if I could get some input from everyone. I'm looking to build my upper body mostly since I still play soccer and my legs and so forth are still pretty defined. I'm 5'9" and weight around 135lbs. My only other issue is that I broke both bones in my left arm about 2 years ago and still have a plate and six screws in that arm. If anyone could provide me with a good workout plan I would definitely appreciate that. Thank you.
yo bud, i just started working out as well, we have a similar build so maybe my plan will help you out, im 5' 10" 1/2 and 155lbs, also with the same goals as you.i start off every morning with a protein mix i got from GNC thats whey protein (strawberry flavored) i take a1/4 cup scoop of that, blend it with 6oz of milk and a banana, and drink that about an hour before i go to the gym. get to the gym and jog a mile at about 7 mph, whatevers comfortable for you,once youre comfortable with mile then id move down to a half because you want to do just enough cardio to get your heart rate up, to build muscle mass. then i move to inclined bench,for chest, do low weight but high repetition. to build lean muscle mass. then i move to build core strength with crunches and the medicine ball, move to shoulders, i reccomend using dumbells in the sitting position and raising them above your head, work traps by lifting the weight behind you, as you would if youre bowling,also the row machine works great and helps with forearm too if you add a little twist of the wrist when you pull in. work out for no more than an hour and 15..hope that helps you. you may find that you figure out your own routine that you like better, but maybe mine will help you get started. good luck!

edit: important note, it is not neccesary to max out your strength and use as much weight as you can, it is far more beneficial to use a weight that is somewhat easy, and just do it a lot

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yo bud, i just started working out as well, we have a similar build so maybe my plan will help you out, im 5' 10" 1/2 and 155lbs, also with the same goals as you.i start off every morning with a protein mix i got from GNC thats whey protein (strawberry flavored) i take a1/4 cup scoop of that, blend it with 6oz of milk and a banana, and drink that about an hour before i go to the gym. get to the gym and jog a mile at about 7 mph, whatevers comfortable for you,once youre comfortable with mile then id move down to a half because you want to do just enough cardio to get your heart rate up, to build muscle mass. then i move to inclined bench,for chest, do low weight but high repetition. to build lean muscle mass. then i move to build core strength with crunches and the medicine ball, move to shoulders, i reccomend using dumbells in the sitting position and raising them above your head, work traps by lifting the weight behind you, as you would if youre bowling,also the row machine works great and helps with forearm too if you add a little twist of the wrist when you pull in. work out for no more than an hour and 15..hope that helps you. you may find that you figure out your own routine that you like better, but maybe mine will help you get started. good luck!

edit: important note, it is not neccesary to max out your strength and use as much weight as you can, it is far more beneficial to use a weight that is somewhat easy, and just do it a lot
Your not suppose to drink whey before you lift. After you rip down the muscle (lifting), your body needs to repair itself. That is when the protein comes into play. You need more plasma proteins in your blood so it can transport nutrients/protein to where it needs it. Also by jogging first or even after your not going to gain nearly as much mass as you are with just lifting, since this guy is already lean and plays soccer, he really does not need to jog or do cardio for that matter. What you should do is Eat oatmeal and a whey drink in the morning when you wake up, once with your lunch, and one right before you go to bed. Your body is repairing those muscles 24/7 after you lift. I personally just eat a lot, because the whey has a lot of trans/saturated fats in it. The more supplements it has the faster you will repair yourself/get bigger faster.

As for what you want to work out. Look on bodybuilding.com they have tons and tons of tutorials on body groups etc to concentrate on.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i wasnt going to say anything since the weight lose thread was posted but.. by doing what is said above, this only gives you lean/cut muscle. you wont build that much mass doing this. if you want to gain mass, i recommend you using heavier free weights since you have a metal plate in your arm, then again its not a good idea to push yourself to the limit.

usually if you work out m-w-f on the same muscles, giving your muscles time to heal and build, you will certainly notice yourself getting stronger.

ie. if you regularly bench 145 and your max is 175, work on your benching mmm i would say m-w-f for about 3 weeks, and youll notice yourself stronger and could regularly bench 155 with no problem. then you can continue from there to increase more and more strength.

now, body building DOES take alot of patience, so make sure you always have a spotter (if doing heavy weights), know your limits and push yourself towards it, and most of all.. go slow on the reps ;)

*refer to the weight lose thread for more info*

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
As for what you want to work out. Look on bodybuilding.com they have tons and tons of tutorials on body groups etc to concentrate on.
+1

bodybuilding.com ftw!!!

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Then you can look like this guy

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats my popeye face!

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hahahaahahahahahahaahahah im pooopeye the sailor man *choot choot*

AggreSHun

Switchback!
5+ Year Member
Your not suppose to drink whey before you lift. After you rip down the muscle (lifting), your body needs to repair itself. That is when the protein comes into play. You need more plasma proteins in your blood so it can transport nutrients/protein to where it needs it. Also by jogging first or even after your not going to gain nearly as much mass as you are with just lifting, since this guy is already lean and plays soccer, he really does not need to jog or do cardio for that matter. What you should do is Eat oatmeal and a whey drink in the morning when you wake up, once with your lunch, and one right before you go to bed. Your body is repairing those muscles 24/7 after you lift. I personally just eat a lot, because the whey has a lot of trans/saturated fats in it. The more supplements it has the faster you will repair yourself/get bigger faster.

welp my personal trainer instructed me to drink whey an hour before i work out, and its not like the protein isnt still in your system after youre done working out anyway. take my info for what you will, its what i do and it works for me

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
welp my personal trainer instructed me to drink whey an hour before i work out, and its not like the protein isnt still in your system after youre done working out anyway. take my info for what you will, its what i do and it works for me

if you take protien with the isolated trans/sat. fat then its okay to drink at least an hour before so itll digest fully (liquids digest faster than solids, duhh). now if you take the other ones that has fat in it, then your in the same spot you started in, and just burn off the fat you consume. plus it makes you full, which sucks big donkey balls when your working out.

i personally drink a cup of L-Glutamine 30-45 minutes before workout and just pee out the liquids that are currently in my body, while the supplement spreads throughout my body for the time.

l-glut = testosterone = longer stamina, better endurance, and MORE SEMEN, WOO!!!!!

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
esp will burn up if he is jogging 7 miles before the workout.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if he jogs 7 miles, there will be no point to even work out, thats all cario and he'll be too tired to workout

a quick 1/2 mile and stretching is good enough warmup

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
chuck norris