Would a Hole Saw won't damage my upholstery

ekblack97

5+ Year Member
i was thinking of using a hole saw for installing my rear strut bar for a ek hatch but im not so sure if this thing wouldn't crack the whole upholstery anyone use this thing or any diy can't figure out to do it? Thanks

maniac213

5+ Year Member
if you are talking about drilling into the plastic you should be fine just do it at a low speed and do not push hard on it. also i would recommend if you can put a block of wood or some thing behind it when drilling.

ekblack97

5+ Year Member
if you are talking about drilling into the plastic you should be fine just do it at a low speed and do not push hard on it. also i would recommend if you can put a block of wood or some thing behind it when drilling.
Thanks for the input dude!

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just used a utility knife and made a star formation. (*) and peeled everything back and tucked underneath. but, go for your hole saw method!

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just take it easy with the saw and you'll be fine. Take a dremel to the edges after to get a real smooth cut

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Taaakee It Eeeaaaassssssssssssyyyy!

ekblack97

5+ Year Member
just finished drilling a hole my upholstery everything went good but i got a problem my right side strut bolts are rusted i cant take them out did everything still can't loose them.