WTB D16 5spd tranny

Status
Not open for further replies.

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys, looking for any D16 5spd tranny. My tranny on my z6 is about to go I think.

Basically, will take any tranny that will bolt right up. If i'm correct, i believe thats any tranny from a D16. I really want the DX tranny, or something with long gears (better gas milege;)) but i'll take whatever.

I'm not too worried about milege i guess, but it should be in good condition. Not worried too much about those that grind when shifting hard at redline, but i don't want it to grind during daily driving.

willing to pickup within a 100 mile radius from harrisburg (or around there) or you can ship it

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any d series hydro trans will work for you. I dont know about d17 trannies though.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you pick up a tranny make sure the ISB is good before you do.

What is going on with your tranny? How many miles are on it now?

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you pick up a tranny make sure the ISB is good before you do.

What is going on with your tranny? How many miles are on it now?
it'll shift, but i have to put a lot of force to get it in gear, its worst when down shifting....it also makes a hissing noise when its in gear...when the clutch is engaged, the hissing goes away.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it'll shift, but i have to put a lot of force to get it in gear, its worst when down shifting....it also makes a hissing noise when its in gear...when the clutch is engaged, the hissing goes away.
Sounds like the shift forks are bent. Not sure on the hissing sound tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.