WTF, Can I just enjoy my car!

J Rod

JDM Like Whoa!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude, I cant believe this s**t. I have had the teg for 2 days, already got in an accident!

Funny. Here is the story...

I was leaving Trail Performance from getting my wheels. Was coming down L street and it was raining, coming to the lights on 84th and L the light turned yellow, I stopped and the guy behind me in a saturn SL2 slid into me because it was wet out. Pushed the bumper in a tad and made a huge crack by the license plate. Not bad, but should be able to get a new bumper since urethane is unrepairable to that extent. I am calling his insurance tomorrow. The guy was real straight foward, gave me all his info, appoligized, and we went our seperate ways. The rear bumper was pretty messed on the side from previous engagements with other vehicles while it wasnt in my posession. Only the right 1/4 panel, door, and fender need to be painted for the whole car to be resprayed! Ah, oh well. What can you do.

How do I go about getting it fixed? Can I take the car to whoever I want once they quote me how much it costs? Reason I ask, I have a friend that paints and does it cheap. Do they give you the money or do they pay the person fixing it? I was thinkin maybe a rear lip outa the deal....

solidsnake

Banned
What you do is...you get a quote...

you hand the quote to the insurance guy...he hands you a check

you can do with the check in your own desire for the most part

J Rod

JDM Like Whoa!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
solidsnake said:

Hmm.... You know what, You spawned an idea... touch up paint will work fine for now =)

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Or an agent looks at your car and quotes the damage himself. Then the check if you would prefer going that route.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ooo should have called the cops. His insurance can turn you down without a police report.

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you odn't have it as bas as i do, i'm gong through a bunch of BS with my company, apperantly they never put my si on the policy, and they are saying it's my fault even though my dad went to teh agent and physically told them that we were switching cars from the the integra to the civic si, then they said they wanted me to drive the car to them so they could see it, and photograph it which what i thought was gay and BS, but because i never took it to them to actually look at the car they didn't insure the civic at all. but apperently i've been paying liablility on my old integra (which i sold back in april) for almost a year now. and every bill that has came in never had a policy number on it, nor stated what car was beign insured. . .:( i f**king hate them.

J Rod

JDM Like Whoa!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmmm. Even though there is no police report, the guy seemed real straight foward about the whole ordeal and couldnt feel more sorry. I feel sorry for stopping in front of him, nice guy.

J Rod

JDM Like Whoa!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No digita camera, but I will have my friend get some this weekend.

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Some guy rear ended me and totaled my mom's car. He has Safeco and his agent told me to go to blah blah blah so they can take a look at it and they can give me a quote. I said "screw you, your client hit me, I didn't hit your client, so you come to my house and give me a quote." So they sent a guy and he gave me HIS quote, but I still need to take it to a shop to get an exact quote. He gave me a list and shops for me to choose. I guess I am trying to say that if his insurance is Safeco, then you probably will have to choose from their list.

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
solidsnake said:

Not true if the car is being financed. If the car is payed off then usually that can be done. Either way... you get some cash =) and if it is financed, some body shops will work with you anyways if they're cool

*EDIT* it's a 93, nobody in their right mind would finance a 14 year old car. i dont stop by much anymore so i didnt really even think about the year of the car. my mistake

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hatched05 said:
How do I go about getting it fixed? Can I take the car to whoever I want once they quote me how much it costs? Reason I ask, I have a friend that paints and does it cheap. Do they give you the money or do they pay the person fixing it? I was thinkin maybe a rear lip outa the deal....
I would personally NOT go to your friends shop to get the qoute, go to the 3 most exspensive places in your town. The insurance company will cut you a check to get it fixed at the cheapest place (most likely), then you can go to your friends shop and use the left over money. Either that or just go to your friends shop. but have him qoute you full price on everything, then get the hookup when he actually does the work.