WTF is that sound? Please help!

itwasbo

5+ Year Member
Ok so first off I have a 99 civic sedan, and every time I go over a bumb my car makes the loudest rattling sound coming from the rear. The bigger the bumps the louder the rattle. Has anyone experienced this? It almost sounds like my spare tire is not bolted down in my trunk and metal is hitting metal (which is not the case cause I already checked that out). Upon inspection of under my car everything looks decent. A little dirty but that is to be expected. I thought it was my suspension but the struts and springs look alright to the naked eye. My car is almost all stock with the exception of a few bolt on's and I have over 140k. I thought it might be a bushing or a bearing or something but I am not the expert. I am planning on completely re-doing my suspension and breaks on her, but if that is not going to fix the sound I want to hold off and get that fixed first.

Anyone that can help me out I appreciate it more than anything!

Thanks,

- BT

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Blown or noisy strut? Body peice not secure? Trunk not secure?

itwasbo

5+ Year Member
It's not a body piece not secure I am pretty sure of that.. Blown strut.. POSSIBLY.. if that was the case would the ride height be affected because it's not.. I dont think it's the trunk.. someone did hit my trunk (has a dent) but it's not going anywhere =)