Yeah, I heard they are s**t and break pretty easy :thumbdown

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
imo, it works for stock apps under 200hp 200trq.. anymore power after that, SNAP!

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha. "Type: JDM". There you go. Now you HAVE to buy it!!

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
its called a friction type LSD

they work :what:
Ok well I had never seen it, how does that work. Does it go inside the trans or what. All LSD I have seen were, well... a differential. Unless im missing something here, thats not a differential so can someone explain?

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
Sure, if i were looking to buy the product. But im looking for an explanation of how it works. Maybe then I would type "How phantom grip lsd works" not just "phantom grip", Which I have already done without much luck.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sure, if i were looking to buy the product. But im looking for an explanation of how it works. Maybe then I would type "How phantom grip lsd works" not just "phantom grip", Which I have already done without much luck.
If you're thinking about buying one and you'd ask me if I would ever buy one then I would say yes! Why the hell not? if your under 200hp and have some extra cash to spend and don't want spend as much even for a OBX lsd then you should be good. f**k it, if it breaks...... it breaks! You know what I'm saying? ;) Although, I have heard of the phantom grips breaking very easy, so they are kind of shitty but so are the obx lsd's! And you're crazy if you think I'm gonna spend $800 + for a good lsd for my civic. Hey, it's fine to buy a expensive lsd for your s**t but I sure as hell won't. It's a f**king civic! :lol:

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
lol im not looking for lsd, id probably go with an itr trans rather than the unit itself. Mainly i just ran across this on ebay and was like :wtf: and wondered if it was real and how it worked.