XBOX 360 problems?

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have any of you ran into problems with your 360 yet?

Also, do you think any of them were heat related?

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am on my second one....first one burned up in a couple hours. Now i have the fan setup for the rear.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i work at a best buy, once a week we have to send out 360's that were returned with problems. thats about 15-20 a week, and we're not even a big store. get the intercooler for it or the extra warranty

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I've been looking on youtube and such, trying to learn more about these problems, I've came up with the "ring of death" it's supposed to basically mean game over for your console. Do the intercoolers work well? are they safe?

I want a 360 for all the racing titles, and games like Tenchu Z, DOA Extreme BeachVolleyball 2, and other stuff ... But I'm starting to worry lol

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
don't get that "intercooler" fan.

It is made by a 3rd party...It connects to the terminal with plastic and the heat from the console will actually melt the fan onto the system and can short it out. Using it will void the microsoft warranty.

360s are pieces of s**t, mine always ran like dung when it was on it's side tower style. I turned it over with good ventilation and have noticed some improvement but it's still a piece of crap.

If you experience lots of freezing and such you should return it to microsoft...All the Xboxs sold after December of last year have a 1 year warranty.

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks alot for the info Verbal.

My buddy told me you can get a badass warranty for consoles and such at bestbuy, I'm talking they will replace your s**t for up to 3 years or some crazy s**t like that, but even so, who wants to send off three different consoles (I have heard of such sadly). I'm starting to look at the PS3 but the only current titles that interest me are ... well ... that F1 game lol and Socom of course, but that's a good ways off.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've had that intercooler fan on my son's 360 for over a year now without any problem. He plays his 360 alot and it's on all day sometimes. Now my brother's 360 f**ks up on occasion especailly when it's left on. I've heard nothing good about the PS3 but that's just hear say. I won't buy it untill there's actually more than just a few good games.

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Same here, I've had my PS2 for years, I'll leave it on all day sometimes, and it's fine, it's a slimline model so it doesn't even have a f**king fan either lol

This video definately sheds some light, I really want a 360 so I'm going to risk it, and just as you said Biz, PS3 is good, but they just have no good games yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCjSCi66iss

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my buddy had a fan on his constantly, his first one over heated and hes on his second one

he got a ps3 and said really theres nothing good or new about it,

i consider him a good souce cuz he works at eb games

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I got first mine(couple months after it first released), it'd always freeze up after a few hours of playing. Then after it was stolen a few months back and I got a new one from the insurance money, it's ran perfectly, no problems whatsoever. I don't use any external cooling system, btw.

I think I read something about them fixing the newer batches, not sure though.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
From what I've read, the 360 has the "rings of death" issues w/ overheating. I don't have one, but it's either you have no issues or a lot of issues. I have a PS3 and no heating issues. Of course the PS3 has crap for a library now, but I'm confident that it will improve. It just needs time.

The new capability to access my PS3 via PSP online is awesome. I got my PS3 as my media hub and for gaming. DVD upscaling and a Blue Ray player just makes my HDTV look even better. When I got my PS3 I looked at the future capabilities, not just for the short run.

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
From what I've read, the 360 has the "rings of death" issues w/ overheating. I don't have one, but it's either you have no issues or a lot of issues. I have a PS3 and no heating issues. Of course the PS3 has crap for a library now, but I'm confident that it will improve. It just needs time.

The new capability to access my PS3 via PSP online is awesome. I got my PS3 as my media hub and for gaming. DVD upscaling and a Blue Ray player just makes my HDTV look even better. When I got my PS3 I looked at the future capabilities, not just for the short run.

360 has HD-DVD capability

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
but blu-ray is 1080p hd dvd is only 720p/1080i

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So WTF does it matter if you don't have a 1080p t.v.? :lol: It's one thing to be 1080p capable and another thing to actually have the equipment to actually use it to it's potential.

Ok, so some 360's have issues and I'm sure that alot of ps3's have problems too. As of right now the 360 owns the ps3 but for how long.......;)

I will buy my son a ps3 when there's more games available for him to play.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wtf does it matter if you don't have a 720p tv either?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wtf does it matter if you don't have a 720p tv either?
I don't have a 720p t.v.

I have a 1080i :P

On the 360 you can change your setting according to what kind of t.v. you have but I'm sure sony has the same thing.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive had my 360 freeze up a few times.. buts its not common at all..

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't have a 720p t.v.

I have a 1080i :P

On the 360 you can change your setting according to what kind of t.v. you have but I'm sure sony has the same thing.
Yes, you can adjust the video settings on a PS3

My TV supports 720p/1080i

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

The new download for the PS3 and PSP do all sorts of crazy things

For just the PS3 it up converts everything to 1080p including all your old school games :word:

And for those with a psp as well it allows you to access all your video files and music on your PS3 anywhere ther is a wireless connection including the T-Mobile hotspots.

I will be the first to admit there is s**t for games at the moment but hey CoD3 id keeping me pretty happy:D

The majority of good title will be coming out later this year. Resident Evil 5, Unreal Tournament. All that good stuff!!!

Unfortunately the excellent games like Final Fantasy 13 won't be available to next year :oops:

I do forsee the PS3 eventually taking off as the game titles start to flow. There is just soooo much more you can do with it as a console versus the X-Box 360.

Even the Wii buyers are saying they are buying the Wii cuz the PS3 is too expensive and there are no games, otherwise they would be buying the Ps3. Hell the PS2 is still the most popular console.

I am just a playstation fan and wanted to get one. I knew there was crap for games when I got it, but I am patient. Plus now I can put my PS2 slim back into the car :cool:

Plus just in case this might be possibly true

FFVII Remake Confirmed?By Stunt 17 days ago
Category: Final Fantasy News
Tagged with : ff7 : final fantasy 7 : playstation3 : PS3 : remake
Linked games : Final Fantasy 7
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like all FFVII remake rumors, this should be taken with a grain of salt...

According to a reliable Japanese blogger that works at Konami, a Final Fantasy VII remake for the PlayStation 3 has been confirmed. The translation is really bad, but I can understand that he got the information in a developers meeting.

To confirm his information he gave a picture of his "e-AMUSEMENT Pass" to prove he was there. I guess we can only hope it's true!

Japanese Konami Blogger

PS3Only Article: PS3 Only

PS3Only Translation:

Monday 14 May 2007 - according to a lot of people Final Fantasy VII is the best Final Fantasy ever. Since E3 of 2005, where the tech-demo of the game had been shown, there were rumours that have concerned the remake of Final Fantasy VII. However these rumours became always stronger. Recently Square Enix to be possible let more with remakes of old games, occupy itself because there according to their question to is. Moreover 1UP FFVII incorporated already in its releaselijst.
Today a rumour has again added himself to the row, because according to Konami insider, the same as at the pro Evo reported, Final Fantasy VII has been confirmed for the PlayStation 3. Natural it is strange that someone of Konami something like that confirmed, whereas the game of Sqaure Enix is. The best man lets thus in its blog know that he this has learned on developer meeting. The time will learn it our.

I have hope.....Lena says I'm retarded