Y8 ebay turbo question?

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i am on the market to buy a turbo for my single jingle y8. heres the link to the turbo and things im wanting to get....http://www.ebay.com/itm/D-SERIES-JDM-T3-T4-BOLT-ON-TURBO-KIT-HONDA-CIVIC-92-95-D15-D16-SOHC-D16Y7-D16Y8-/320900348359?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ab726b9c7&vxp=mtr... Has anyone purchased an ebay complete turbo? are you satisfied with it? is there anything i should replace or buy seperetly for longer life? keep in mind im only turboing out too 8 psi. nothing big or powerfull just enough power to make me happy haha. thats why i didnt want to buy a big as* turbo if im keeping low boost. so has anyone used something like this off of ebay? or even the same one? please get back at me with feedback. thank you.

Hektic

doing it.
is there anything i should replace or buy seperetly for longer life?
I would replace the intercooler right off the bat along with many of the smaller components. A buddy of mine had a ebay turbo kit similar to this one around a year or so ago (D16Y7 I'm pretty sure). He had major problems with the quality of the welds and things of that nature mainly. He wasn't getting very good boosts out of it either but you said you weren't looking for anything major so that's not such a big deal I guess. I helped him out with minor upgrades on it just about all the damn time until all in all he decided to just pony up and swap the thing for a good turbo with a real reputation behind it (Greddy I think). So basically the point I'm trying to make I guess is to just upgrade to a better kit before you buy. I've had a little experience myself with buying cheaper ebay parts and I regretted it and haven't made the same mistake again. This is just my friendly advice and I wouldn't wanna see someone else go through the same problems as my buddy did. Just save yourself the frustration and throw up a few more bucks :lol:

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the things i'd throw away/sell right away is the turbo, downpipe, wastegate, and blow off valve, but with the price you are paying for it now and the price you'll have to pay to replace those, you'd be better off piecing together a good kit right off the bat and just forgetting about the kit you posted or about any other turbo kit you find on ebay that is too good to be true.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ this
i would never use an ebay kit with everthing that will need to be replaced/rebuilt your better off buying a real kit or piecing together a legit one.

Trekk

Registered VIP
Pretty much a decent off the self kit is around $4k, so $600 wont even get you close. My BOV cost as much as that kit.