Y8 IM on a Y7 with d15 IM

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just got a y8 intake manifold (at least I think it is) and throttle body I want to know what else I need to compete this swap besides what the tutorials say. I might bbe missing a few things, but the manifold has the map sensor and the other sensor, I don't know if its auto or manual. Well, I took some pics of the manifold and the one that's currentlt in my car. I don't think I have any y7 IM parts in the car. I want to know if I need to buy a new TB and fuel rail and whatever else I need.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wait so what are you trying to do?
I believe thats from an automatic.
Looks like your missing the TPS Sensor.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just wanna swap this onto my y7 cause I failed emmisions for plugged hoses cause I guess the manifold that's on the car doesn't have all the same lines as the engine.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That is a d16y5 manifold off an hx. Notice the egr system on it. Also it is from an automatic because of the IACV being on the throttle body and it being blocked on the back of the Intake manifold. It's a piece of crap basically.

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well is that the only thing that isnt a y7? head? bottom block? If its a y7 i would just use a y7 throttle body on the y8 Intake Manifold but if you already have it then i guess. But you will need to replace the accelerator cable holder bronze thing(if your looking straight into the throttle body from the side it will be on the right side) with the y7 one.

LS/Vtec is right. I was wondering why it looked different below where the fuel rail should be.

If you want it to go back to stock just get a y7 intake manifold for your y7 engine. Which will also require you to swap out the Intake arm.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Son of a b***h. Well then. Any idea what's on my car now?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I figured. Its probably not efficient to run that on a d16y7, is it?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's true.