You do need a Camber Kit

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn I just dropped $300 on SPC front and rear camber kit, and then I need to get 4 new tires ($400), mount and balance them ($100) and get an alignment ($70) all for listening to the BS that was flying around here 2 years ago about not needing a camber kit on a 1.5" drop.

So if you drop your ride, even a 1.3"-1.5" drop, get a camber kit or your tires will wear out very quickly in the inside.

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so you are one person out of how many that ride without a camber kit and now you are the definitive soucre on camber kits, eh? :roll:

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
camber kits are cheaper then buying tires over and over and over. Unless you're a wheel whore, then you're use to buying tires:cool:

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TripeoXxX said:
Damn I just dropped $300 on SPC front and rear camber kit, and then I need to get 4 new tires ($400), mount and balance them ($100) and get an alignment ($70) all for listening to the BS that was flying around here 2 years ago about not needing a camber kit on a 1.5" drop.

So if you drop your ride, even a 1.3"-1.5" drop, get a camber kit or your tires will wear out very quickly in the inside.
I think you spent a little too much on the camber kit, but i agree with you about the drop. I dropped mine about 1.5" and my alignment came back wayyyyy off stock specs.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
c_diddy said:
I think you spent a little too much on the camber kit, but i agree with you about the drop. I dropped mine about 1.5" and my alignment came back wayyyyy off stock specs.
yep same here bro, next time you should get a front camber kit lets say a skunk2 for $150 or so, then do the rear washer trick. That will save you alot more money. Alot of people say you can drop your car to a certain extent and wont need a camber kit, but once they start seeing camber wear on there tires then they realize it. I on the other hand researched and bought a front camber kit 2 months even before i dropped it. Its a good lesson learned bro, i've learned plenty haha.

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wannabe said:
so you are one person out of how many that ride without a camber kit and now you are the definitive soucre on camber kits, eh? :roll:
Who the hell said I was an expert. I am just sharing my experience with others so they don't make the same mistake.

As far as spending too much om my camber kit, well I did some research and found SPC to be one of the best, so I wanted to do things right.

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TripeoXxX said:
mount and balance them ($100).
Where do you take your car where they charge you to mount and balance your wheels? Especially for $100.

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dulce said:
Where do you take your car where they charge you to mount and balance your wheels? Especially for $100.
A local shop around here, cause everyone else either only mounts their own tires they sell or don't do 17" low profile tires. I did get it done at Walmart 2 years ago for like $3.00 a wheel but they won't do it now.

ceppto

5+ Year Member
thats why u adjust the toe when u lower it man ...save u on $$ for a while till u get the camber kit

PEARLelectron

Banned
ceppto said:
thats why u adjust the toe when u lower it man ...save u on $$ for a while till u get the camber kit

toe, not camber is was ruins your tires... and i ride slammed every summer and my tires aren't bad at all and i dont have a camber kit.. waste of money IMO

civiclxb16a

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i am going though the same thing. do i need it or don't it. i came to the conclusion that i do. i got my car lowered already and i have a mean camber on mine. my buddy's civic is lowered just like mine and he doesn't have a camber kit and he just got his second set of tires in less then a year because of inside wear. we could see the steal belt on the inside, get the camber kit and use it! i just ordered my front camber saving for the reat! GET IT AND USE IT =)

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TripeoXxX said:
A local shop around here, cause everyone else either only mounts their own tires they sell or don't do 17" low profile tires. I did get it done at Walmart 2 years ago for like $3.00 a wheel but they won't do it now.
Oh... I was just wondering because when I got my low pros for my 17s at Discount Tire Co. it was free to mount and balance.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I run -3 in the rear, -2 up front. A lil un-even wear in the back, but nothing too serious. I had camber kits, but sold em. Im more happy with this. In my opinion, when you use camber kits, its like forcing your suspension geometry to be the same (as stock height), which doesnt give you the best results for being lowered. The ultimate would be to get EF knuckles, which are shorter and would align your suspension, with keeping the same geometry.

iCivic

EJ8 in the making...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
PEARLelectron said:

Set your toe to zero... camber is good especially if you road race or autox Look at my tires they're fine
wow, are your front tires like that too?

also, how often do you drive the car? i DD a car with a 2.5"F/2.25"R drop for about 3 months and noticed alot of camber wear on the inside of the tires...

also how often do you get alignments done?

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How do you adjust your toe? Still don't really know much about the suspension stuff.

PEARLelectron

Banned
iCivic said:
wow, are your front tires like that too?

also, how often do you drive the car? i DD a car with a 2.5"F/2.25"R drop for about 3 months and noticed alot of camber wear on the inside of the tires...

also how often do you get alignments done?
yea my front was lower than the rear.. that summer.. Dont think im gonna drive that slammed this summer though, I drive on those tires from april to September so those had about 5 or 6 months of driving on them. and it is my daily driver. Now.. I dont drive that much... but the tires are holding up very well. I get an alignment when i adjust the height of the car.. So usually once in the spring and once in the fall (when i switch to my si's) ,, but if i raise or lower it just a tad I don't bother gettting one

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
negative camber comes standard on Honda S2000.

My dad's S2000 has inner tire wear on the front tires. and it's stock.

I do like my camber kit though. No uneven wear and I can have a shop adjust it when ever I want to.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hmmm Im dropped around 2.5 all around and Im just fine..
I had my toe set to near zero, and my camber is within factory specs so :what:..