You know you live in Texas when...

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You go outside to check on your car and the local armadillo is rooting up bugs. Only one of the pics came out good but these little guys are too funny to not post. You can literally get about 10 feet away from them before they even notice you.

See ya later little buddy!

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ha.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lmao awesome...wish i could see one that close...funny man!!! :thumbs up

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's cool looking and oddly enough reminds me of two different animals I just saw on different threads on Fark.

This is the first one (kinda gross, I'll warn you). It's called the Lufkin animal and some people thought it's a Chubacabra, but DNA testing has found it to be of the Canis genus. There is speculation it could be a mite-infected coyote, but it also looks eerily similar to a mangy Peruvian Inca Orchid (a type of dog).
http://www.unknowncountry.com/lufkin_images.phtml

Then this is the other animal it reminds me of... probbaly for the slight cuteness factor.
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1299/realpugcn0.jpg

Yeah... i don't know either. Maybe it's time for sleep...

Anyway, the armadillo is cool. It's like if possums weren't so damn nasty looking and were bred with tanks.

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ZOMG Armadillers!

Saw plenty of those when I lived in Texas. :D

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are they harmless?
i would hate to hit one of those in my car..

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The interesting thing about them is when they are scared they jump straight up in the air. People that hit them usualy get some pretty mean grill damage and if you happen to be unlucky enough to run one over its like hitting a rock the size of that animal. As far as being harmless yeah pretty much. You can catch one on foot really easily since they are so slow but if you try to pick it up remember they have decent sized claws to dig and more than likely they'll just hiss at you.

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
In Louisiana they are shoot-on-site cuz their holes they root up can brake horses legs and they are completely worthless AND they are overpopulated. They started tearing up my dads yard so he started popping them with his .17 HMR:lol: ;)

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's crazy... I have never ever seen one of those in person.

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
It's cool looking and oddly enough reminds me of two different animals I just saw on different threads on Fark.

This is the first one (kinda gross, I'll warn you). It's called the Lufkin animal and some people thought it's a Chubacabra, but DNA testing has found it to be of the Canis genus. There is speculation it could be a mite-infected coyote, but it also looks eerily similar to a mangy Peruvian Inca Orchid (a type of dog).
http://www.unknowncountry.com/lufkin_images.phtml

Then this is the other animal it reminds me of... probbaly for the slight cuteness factor.
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1299/realpugcn0.jpg

Yeah... i don't know either. Maybe it's time for sleep...

Anyway, the armadillo is cool. It's like if possums weren't so damn nasty looking and were bred with tanks.
haha HEY it's whree I live lol....Lufkin

they dont call it the Lufkin animal btw...just every instance of this 'creature' has been found right around here. I actually had to swerve to miss one of these a couple months back.

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah they are all over the place in Tyler. See them dead on the side of the road all the time.

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That Lufkin creature was hideous. Looks like a dog that was dead for a long time on the side of the road.