Your opinion on my new paint job =D

kevoSi

5+ Year Member
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Did it all with my dad =) allll these years and a car he hates finally gives us some bonding time lol.
She still has a ways to go, but this was definitely a step in the right direction, what do you think?

UPDATE: Damn wreck...

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks good, did yall do the door jams and under the hood? or is all that still red

kevoSi

5+ Year Member
Well, I left it red. the interior is striped to. But I did it on purpose. I like the three colors together. Also, I'm reupholstering the interior in red and white, and basically red is going to be the accent color. I'm gonna get so much hate for leaving it lol:oops:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yep, will look like poo when you open your doors, sorry man no love for unpainted door jams, but the outside looks pretty decent, not really feeling the black hatch or gas door, but the roof and hood look good

kevoSi

5+ Year Member
Lol thanks. To each his own I guess. I can still do them, I have a full paint garage at my house. I was starting to paint the jams, but being as it's my daily driver I just needed to get it out. It took forever to fix the rust and dents. No bondo on my car =D

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
cool man, wish i still had a shop at my house, i just do my stuff at work now, we have some pretty nice paint booths and sata paint guns

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Looks good, but IMO, you could have painted the gas door and the trunk white as well, it would flow smoother.

kevoSi

5+ Year Member
Lol it wasn't exactly "DIY" my dad went to school for body work and has been painting cars for over 15 years, I'm lucky. And I like the whole black center of the car thing, I've seen it a few times but not in my area. The fuel door being black was actually a joke, just to see how many people it upset heh. Oh, and the hood and hatch will be CF one day, which means it would still be black lol. I also want a CF front lip. I have black housing halo's and oem fogs on their way, should have them in the mail and installed sometime this week. Thanks for the imput! This is my first build.

kevoSi

5+ Year Member
Thanks JUNY, the only purely positive comment I've got so far=)
I'm building it for me, not everyone else, but I still appreciate love and constructive criticism.

JUNY

"where you at?"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea i mean it looks 1000times better then how it was

kevoSi

5+ Year Member
Yeah lol It was rough but I look at a car and see it for what it could be, not what it is. A little too optimistic maybe? But I'm building on a budget so stuff will be done far between. Once I get my new lights on it I'll have nicer pictures.

JUNY

"where you at?"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea i cant talk cuz i still need to paint mines.lol

German to Japan

5+ Year Member
I like the panda scheme. What I appreciate even more is no body filler. I will be painting soon since I hate having a three color car. Maybe with a lot of effort you will be able to pull off a good red/white/black scheme just don't go overboard.

kevoSi

5+ Year Member
Lol German to Japan is feeling me. Yeah I'm not going overboard, I'm gonna try to keep it pretty clean while still doing something that has my own twist on it.

kevoSi

5+ Year Member
WELL all that hard work was useless. Yesterday morning I wrecked it. I was ran off the road by a tailgater around a turn. I went through an electric fence. It's not totaled but bad enough to kill my spirits. My exhaust is dragging in the middle, My front left fender is destroyed, I may have cracked a rim, and the fence wire scraped the paint from the hood back over the top.. The guy took off sadly. I jumped out and was grabbing my tire iron. He sped up and went around me as I went off the road. The cops said that technically the wreck was my fault because he didn't touch me.:wak:That's what I want to do to the guy. I don't have any money left to fix it..