ZC motor

Fast_RPM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what good about the ZC motor. It has a D16 block with a dohc head.

civic_crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its a great motor,has alot of torqueand power .i have one on my hatch and it haauls ass,i be keeping up to those b16's.were you thinkign about getting one??? :shock: plus its the kind of D series :twisted:

Fast_RPM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
naw i was just wondering if it can beat d16's. Stock to stock though

civic_crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if the d16 sohc has vtec it might just beat the dohc zc.but if there both non vtec then the zc will smoke it.

Fast_RPM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah the d16 have vtec, so your sayin that if the d16 has vtec then i'll be the ZC

civic_crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Depending also on the driver.form my point of view i think the d16 vtec will keep up with the zc,my friend had a sohc d16 vtec and i raced him,i beat him by like half a car. why?? im guessing you want to race a budie who has a dohc zc?? :twisted:

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I depends on the race to i say the ZC has it in the quarter mile, but anything longer and the D16 will catch up.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fast_RPM said:
Yeah the d16 have vtec, so your sayin that if the d16 has vtec then i'll be the ZC
some D16s have vtec.
D16y8 = vtec
d16z7 = non vtec
d16z6 vtec

there are alot ofd honda d16s out there, look at http://www.clubcivic.com/board/engine-codes.php for more info

edit, just saw that you have an Ex, so yes you have vtec, and the ZC will most likely take you, but let us know how the race goes

Fast_RPM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, this guy at school keeps talkin s**t about his ZC, and im about the race him today and i have a d16 vtec. I know how to drive my car so, if i don't win f**k i can't drive!!!

derealist

5+ Year Member
zc spanker

yo trust me you would beat down those single cams all day long even B16's, i've beat down so many its not even funny when I was all motor :D , but at the top of third gear is when the B16 will start to pull (if the person can drive). The ZC puts down more low end torque than the B16. I suggest you boost it and put a light flywheel.........by the way I'm boosting 10lbs on my ZC and its feakin :smokin:

civic_crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good luck bro,if you are a better driver youll beat him,but what mods do you have??? and what mods does he have?? and is the engine working good on his car???? you got to think about all those things?? hes engine might be dohc is your vtec conected and working?.but he might have some problems with it.you never know,but good luck on da race.i knwo how u feel man,people talking theier s**t about their cars being faster.then they get smoked and somehow something is always wrong with their cars.lol 8)

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
derealist said:
yo trust me you would beat down those single cams all day long even B16's, i've beat down so many its not even funny when I was all motor :D , but at the top of third gear is when the B16 will start to pull (if the person can drive). The ZC puts down more low end torque than the B16. I suggest you boost it and put a light flywheel.........by the way I'm boosting 10lbs on my ZC and its feakin :smokin:
He has the d16...depends on the drive. I have beat a couple of zc hatchs with the old b16 crx. Driver>Motor

civic_crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and also?? are you sure its a dohc zc??? you do know theres sohc vtec zc's??? if hes sohc too damn.its going to be a damn close race

Fast_RPM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
All i have is exhaust and intake, he has same thing, my vtec pull very good, i just go done beatin' a 92 intergra the other day, yeah i agree, he'll most likely say something wrong with my car or its not runnin correct.

Fast_RPM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
civic_crx said:
and also?? are you sure its a dohc zc??? you do know theres sohc vtec zc's??? if hes sohc too damn.its going to be a damn close race
its a black top, it should have a dohc head, i looked at it today

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmmm
ZC 129 HP / 106 TQ
D16y8 127 HP / 107 TQ

Its going to be a close race that will come down to driver, tires, suspension, and tranny gearing

Fast_RPM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
civic_crx said:
lol damn you gon race him today???? keep us updated on it.and answer my question?? does he have da dohc zc or the sohc??? :twisted:
how could you tell, the head looks like the ls head.